+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Hovah will become famous soon enough

Its a good Start

This isnt perfect, a few classes will be strengthened,thinking rogues and mages, mabe frost dks. But It's great to see that maybe the rest of this expansion can be salvaged.

After reviewing the data and player feedback, we remain concerned that on-demand burst damage remains too high in PvP. After investigation, we determined that the on-use PvP trinkets are a major contributor to extremely high burst output. As a consequence, in the near future we will be applying hotfixes to smooth out the damage provided by these PvP trinkets. In the case of the Gladiator's Badges this means cutting the amount of primary stat or PvP Power provided, but also cutting their cooldown in half. For the Kor'kron and SI:7 manuals, the cooldown of those trinkets will remain unchanged, but the amount of stats provided will be reduced and the duration of the buff will be increased. The overall damage provided by these trinkets should not be affected; only the burst they are capable of providing.

For example: The Dreadful Gladiator’s Badge of Victory will shortly provide 2553 Strength once every minute, instead of 5105 Strength every 2 minutes. Please note that due to limitations in hotfix technology, the item tooltips and buffs will still incorrectly display the original stat value of 5105.

These are the trinkets that are currently slated for adjustment:

Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Conquest
    Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
    Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Victory
    Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Conquest
    Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
    Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Victory
    SI:7 Operative's Manual
    Kor'kron Book of Hurting

We are aware of the possibility that certain PvE trinkets could become more attractive for PvP in the wake of these hotfixes. While that is somewhat unlikely given that adopting those items would represent a significant loss of PvP Power and Resilience, we will nonetheless keep a close eye on the situation and make adjustments to the appropriate items if necessary. It is also possible that it could become too difficult to land reasonably consistent kills in PvP. If that proves to be the case, then we currently plan to increase the effects of the Battle Fatigue healing debuff to compensate, which is an adjustment that we’ve been considering for some time. On the other hand, if burst damage remains too high after these changes, we are prepared to take additional steps as needed.

Nytemare is on a distinguished road
    Where did this come from?

Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytemare View Post
    Where did this come from?
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...e-adjustments/

ollebabz is on a distinguished road
    I kinda like it, it adds more burst oppotunities but limits how much burst it is.

I play mage so this is going to benefit me greatly, which i'm not quite sure how i feel about. I might end up being able to kill shit or atleast force major CDs every other deep. But then again, don't think it's going to do much if the enemy team handles the situation correctly.

Atleast i think this is some sort of buff to RMP, which is my favorite comp, maybe, it will actually be playable again.. jk, priests still suck.. ffs.

Better for mages because of the shorter cooldown and synergy with DF?
    I guess I don't quite get why it's better for mages but not so much for the other classes - seems like an overall nerf to hopefully bring the burst down across the board

Better synergy with deep, yeah. Guaranteed trinket with ever other deep

I guess the same would be true then for a glyphed AFF lock's soul swap?

ollebabz is on a distinguished road
    This is in general a buff for classes with low CDs and a nerf for classes with long CDs.

The only downside i can see right now, is that this is a buff in that sense to mages, and mages did not need a buff. But it's not that bad, if you assist your healer properly, then he won't die and might not even have to use any Cds.

Mirtas is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ollebabz View Post
    This is in general a buff for classes with low CDs and a nerf for classes with long CDs.

The only downside i can see right now, is that this is a buff in that sense to mages, and mages did not need a buff. But it's not that bad, if you assist your healer properly, then he won't die and might not even have to use any Cds.
    Considering I'm using the Engineering gloves enchant as well, I'll have a 2k spellpower on use every single deep now, as well as combine it with Incanters Ward.

Though I find this kind of stupid, considering that they only needed to adjust Warrior and Mage burst right now instead, and they could have pretty much left the trinkets as they are. And It's not like the trinket added 100k more damage to a stacked Heroic Strike for the one-shot anyway.

I think that since they've stated that this is simply the first step of many, it's just encouraging to see they're willing to make a big change and more to actually balance things