+ Reply to Thread

Chysha is on a distinguished road

Insignia vs. Badge after "nerf"

I'm sorry that i keep coming up with new weird rogue questions and spam the forums lol, here's another one though.

I'm seeing increasing amounts of rogues using the Insignia rather than the badge after the changes, and i'm personally thinking it may actually be a good idea since im an engineer and then i could stack them.

Just wanna know if it is really better, before i go on losing the malevolent badge of conquest for buying a malevolent insignia, since i'm already behind in gear

thanks

Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    An interesting, definitely.

While I don't know the exact Agility gain from the On-Use effect, I seem to recall that it awards roughly 50% of the Agility it used to. Now, if this holds true, the Insignia would indeed give you a higher Agility proc (~2550 vs. the 3603 awarded from the proc trinket). If you're able to burst when the proc is activated, yes, the Insignia would yield the highest damage done.

However, as is the case with all proc trinkets, you may find the effect going off when you are peeling for your teammates, which would essentially 'waste' the additional damage. The peace of mind of having 2500 agility ready for EVERY dance seems to sync up with the Rogue burst play style. Having to wait around for a trinket proc before bursting may not be a luxury Rogues can afford, especially with our less than stellar survivability.

I, for one, would lean towards the On-Use trinket still. Knowing that I will have 2500 Agility ready for the exact moment I need it gives me more peace of mind - plus it is easier than having to track ICDs and buff timers...We've got enough of those to worry about!

My two cents

EDIT - 800 posts =D

grats on 800!

and yea, i was just thinking that it would be amazing in conjuction with my engineering gloves, but i figured i'd keep this untill im full malevolent, then possibly give it a try
    Last edited by Chysha; 12-13-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Rugmouse will become famous soon enough
    oh man, I overlooked the Engineering gloves - those are on a one minute cooldown too right? In that case, the insignia may be that much more enticing, since you can macro the springs in with dance.

it is 1 minute, but i'll still wait with the insignia :>

wranor is an unknown quantity at this point
    I use the Insignia and Badge(human). The insignia is nice. It procs fairly reliably every minute, and probably even more so when playing Mut/Sub with the bleeds used. It seems to proc on every opener, so if you're looking to open up with a burst, it will be there for you. Also, the insignia proc does not lockout any other items(on use, synapse springs, etc). So, you can use the springs with a dance opener and the insignia, pretty potent.

As noted in the subterfuge thread, there is a bug currently that if you have subterfuge and this procs while you're in stealth, you will be popped out.

Rex is on a distinguished road
    Been thinking about this as well. With a 1 min CD on the On Use, it should always be up for Dance so I'm not sure when I'll get to use the gloves except 15 seconds after I use the On use.

Even though Burst is huge, I'm starting to lean towards the proc because 1920 from Gloves vs 2390 from Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Conquest season 13 isn't much. Tyrannical Gladiators Badge of Conquest is 881 more agi though. So that's a tough call.

Links to the trinkets for ref:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=126731/synapse-springs
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=91452
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=91099/ty...ge-of-conquest

ps...sorry for the Necro on this thread. I did a search for Engineering and On use vs Proc and this thread came up.