+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Syntheticz is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Fesser View Post
    Then they just need to fix instant Ring of frost
    Lol RoF is fine. Mages will only have Poly and RoF come 5.2 I'm pretty sure. Plus we only get it instant once every 90 seconds. Apart from that, in high level play, it would be very hard to cast.
    Skinnybae| Frostmourne Alliance
    2K rated Mistweaver Monk.

dirtcheap is on a distinguished road
    there is no instant Ring of Frost. there is a 1.5min talent/cooldown that reduces the cast time of Ring of Frost and other misc. mage spells that have a cast time less than 10sec.

Archamedius is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Stotts View Post
    Because to get NS Clone/POM Sheep, you need to burn an extra cooldown to get them
    1.5 sec cast CC with instant every 30 sec > instant CC with 10 sec cd, 8 sec duration and 10% health cost. The cost hurts, I spend a lot of time in arenas with my healer CC'd and i find myself slowly rotting away thanks to the cost of Blood Fear. It'd be one thing if I could switch between the two, but I cannot, if I want to CC I am forced to spend 10$ of my health, which can be clutch in favor of the other team when I am low and my partner is CC'd. Sure I have quite a few survival cooldowns, but they get spent surviving the other team's burst.

Edit: I've since found that if I train a resto druid hard I can usually keep them from getting off chain cyclones, but they have a ton of ways to get away from me and as a Demo lock I have few ways to keep anyone let alone a resto druid in my cross hairs. If they are running from me however, they are not cycloning my partner. The 30 sec cooldown for ferals will be huge, we ran into a slew of them tonight and if it wasn't me, it was my partner getting chain cc'd by them. Cyclone+bash+maim+tons of other CC is rediculous.
    Last edited by Archamedius; 12-24-2012 at 04:33 AM.

Jambo is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtcheap View Post
    there is no instant Ring of Frost. there is a 1.5min talent/cooldown that reduces the cast time of Ring of Frost and other misc. mage spells that have a cast time less than 10sec.
    He's talking about that buddy Some people call them POM Sheep/POM Ring. Others call it Instant Sheep/Instant Ring.

On a side note, I don't see anything wrong with the NS/clones. Because if they go NS/clone and don't get a kill. They lose that big instant heal they would need for the counter. And mages, are supposed to be magical. Why wouldn't they get to cast 1 spell instantly?

The whole talent choice at 75 is going to be horrible. They might as well give us a suicide button for our 75th point. I have no problems hard casting fear. I just refuse to use anything that is going to kill me <3

Htc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Akashic View Post
    NS Clone is now 30 second cd, and clone now drs with everything

no only feral cyclone is getting a 30 sec cd. every spec is getting the DR's.

canolelover is on a distinguished road
    Im scared

playerone is on a distinguished road
    I just hope 5.2 brings life back to warlocks some how I just don't see it, spell lock now gets nerfed which i was expecting this to happen just hope they don't let mages have there blanket cc. There's 2 new glyphs which they are going to add maybe a good thing for affliction, it looks interesting what they are planning on doing I just hope it's more fun playing then what it is atm.

Absolute is on a distinguished road
    The difference between instant RoF and Blood Fear is the CD. IF they would make blood fear not replace fear but have a significantly longer CD it would force it to be used more defensively instead of main form CC. I have honestly never thought twice about whether I should use blood fear or not during a match since the health cost is laughable and the CD is insanely short. Instant RoF has a 1 min CD while BF has 10 seconds, that is a huge difference in terms deciding when to actually use a spell. Also since both instant RoF and sheep both rely on the same CD to make them instant you have to decide which one is worth the CD at the time of need, with blood fear you just spam away.
    Last edited by Absolute; 01-08-2013 at 03:34 PM.