+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Kobolt

Re: hey introduce yourself new hunters!

Just wanted to say to all the hunters. HI!

Ozunu

Ozunu level 15 from bleeding hollow, 22 Florida.
    just really love the hunter class gravitate more towards pvp cause im competitive by nature be it basketball or call of duty on xbox live

Loincloth is on a distinguished road

Im the same way. Ultra competitive at everything. lol thats the way it should be!

Carey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by unlit
    Howdy folks.

Been playing off and on since release. I've probably been a hunter for about 90% of that although I only recently became interested in arenas. My two biggest areas of focus right now are situational awareness and class specific strats.

I've had fun so far!
    Once you get pro you get the ladies like Loinscloth!

Alury is an unknown quantity at this point

hos before bros always
    "Hey, you have goregeous hair."
    "Thanks, I grow it myself."

damxiel

Hey everyone

this is Pointguard from Gorgonnash. Been playing my hunter since the beta, but have taken long breaks to play other games, competed in teamwarfare.com in ut2k4 TAM, and for CAL played cs 1.6 I've also play SWG before wow, had a pwnage marksman/bounty hunter wookie, range class ftw. Oh and one of my favorites SC:PT and SC:CT versus modes....aka damxiel.

Long intro, I feel lame I know, I do have a life. I love this website, one thing I've picked up from Loincloth is, he doesn't use Hunters Mark on fast switches. Saves time before the burst hits the opponent. That improved my win ratio a lot ..

Quote Originally Posted by Carey
    Quote Originally Posted by unlit
    Howdy folks.

Been playing off and on since release. I've probably been a hunter for about 90% of that although I only recently became interested in arenas. My two biggest areas of focus right now are situational awareness and class specific strats.

I've had fun so far!
    Once you get pro you get the ladies like Loinscloth!
    Quote Originally Posted by damxiel
    Long intro, I feel lame I know, I do have a life. I love this website, one thing I've picked up from Loincloth is, he doesn't use Hunters Mark on fast switches. Saves time before the burst hits the opponent. That improved my win ratio a lot ..
    I was a professional CS player before I played wow arena.

As far as hunters marking goes, one of the biggest strnegths of our class is the ability to surprise people by swapping targets with little setup (serpent sting) followed by all of our frontloaded damagea (chim, aimed, arcane). If you used Hunters mark as part of your setup you are just letting the other team know that a swap is coming, and if they didnt notice by you looking at them or putting up serpent sting, they know for sure by the giant red arrow lol

One thing I do like to do though is if I have found that I have been in a position to put up Hunters mark on kill targets earlier in games, I like to hunters mark randomly to throw people off. Nothing more hilarious then watching a druid begin creeping out to start cycloning and then hunters marking him and watching him scurry back to his pillar spamming hots on himself while you demolish his teammates the whole time haha.

damxiel

Oh nice..ill start doing that too, haha druids always do that. So lets talk about shot rotation a bit. On fast switches I usually throw (serpent, aimed shot, chim, arcane) I try to secure any heals with aimed shot, so my chim shot dmg wouldnt be wasted. Why do you do chim before aimed?

Quote Originally Posted by damxiel
    Oh nice..ill start doing that too, haha druids always do that. So lets talk about shot rotation a bit. On fast switches I usually throw (serpent, aimed shot, chim, arcane) I try to secure any heals with aimed shot, so my chim shot dmg wouldnt be wasted. Why do you do chim before aimed?
    Its been talked about earlier on these forums, but that is because a healer does not react to switches the second you set up for them, so there will not be a heal on the way in the global between the chim and aimed shot (you want the MS to be up when the big damage hits). The damage from your burst will also be "burstier" if you use chim aimed arcane. To be honest its pretty interchangeable, I use aimed shot first on switches all the time (after serpent ofc) its just 2 globals that are used one after another that provide the bulk of your burst. Do whatever is comfortable.