+ Reply to Thread

Abnormal is on a distinguished road

Affliction in 5.2

I love my lock but what i dont like is playing destro, dont get me wrong its fun at times but i just get bored of it. affliction has always been my favorite just watching your enemies hp wither away. what i am wondering is, if it is viable amt (which i heard it wasnt) and if it will be in 5.2. i hope it will be. atm i play it at low level arenas up to 1.1k mmr. then i switch to destro and for rbgs too. well iam go because my boss is getting mad at me lol.

Volkkor is on a distinguished road
    Last I saw, Venruki's lock on his team was playing affliction. It's definitely viable. Prolly more so in 3s than 2s though, good for pairing with a 2nd dps that works with heavy burst like a mage. I've seen a few vids of Cobraks alt Affliction lock. Seems pretty fun to play actually.

Seymourhymen is on a distinguished road
    In my opinion all warlocks specs are viable, but I give the edge to affliction. The amount of sustained damage and pressure from affliction locks in 3s is incredible. With most of their damage coming through DoTs the lock is free to CC, peel, and play defensively while still maintaining good damage output.

I think 5.2 brings an overall buff to locks, and with many other classes getting nerfed affliction locks will be a strong class next patch.