+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Auriala is on a distinguished road

Incentive to play 5v5

Hey all,

As the title suggests, should Blizzard attempt to revitalise 5v5 by offering an incentive to play?

Personally I enjoy playing 5s and struggle to find times when opposing teams are always on (trying to get Arena Master titles for mates). I feel like Blizzard are taking away too much from Arena PvP and placing more emphasis on RBGs. Having either a higher points cap, or offering unique benefits to participating in 5s could help revitalise a dead bracket in Arena PvP.

Just putting ideas out there as I think something should change to bring it back... would love to know if anyone has times during the week that they actively play 5v5 without these "10minute queues"

Cheers!

Gorn is on a distinguished road
    They should make more 5v5 specific arena zones, with, perhaps, things to utilise to add a specific buff/debuff accordingly? or would that feel to much like a bg? I guess making things only accessible with certain groups would provide incentive, as would either more conquest points or better rewards

Diconius is an unknown quantity at this point
    Why they removed titles from 2s but not from 5s is beyond me... 5s is just a pve nukefest, it takes less skill than RBGs. There's a reason you can multibox gladiator in 5s. 5v5 HAS incentive to play, it gives 1550 players a way to achieve gladiator without ever having to learn to play. How about give 2v2 some incentive to play.

klj is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Diconius View Post
    Why they removed titles from 2s but not from 5s is beyond me... 5s is just a pve nukefest, it takes less skill than RBGs. There's a reason you can multibox gladiator in 5s. 5v5 HAS incentive to play, it gives 1550 players a way to achieve gladiator without ever having to learn to play. How about give 2v2 some incentive to play.
    Actually fives is more balanced than threes. I can understand your hate for fives cause it can seen like a nuke fest to those who do not know how to play fives. Being coordinated and playing well come into fives more than threes and you see more of the less op classes getting higher rated than any other bracket.

Less OP classes? Could you list those for me? I seem to be at a loss for a class that at least someone hasn't gotten globalled by or claimed they were OP.

Rogues, resto shammies, warriors, ive seen a few demos, combat rogues, uhhh monks in general, uhh a few more?

Rofl? Not globalled by a rogue? A warrior? A demo with all his cds up? Monks are critting for retarded amounts, cannot be peeled, and are terrible targets to focus. Are we playing the same game? Resto sham is still an AMAZING healer.

You and I are obviously talking about a different since of op. Because someone has the ability to global does not mean they are the op. It probably mean you messed up tbh. Resto shamans are not necessarily in a bad spot by any means, I just said they were not OP =P. I never have issues with warriors anymore I literally have not faced very many this patch and I easily negated their pressure, have you seen reckful play his warrior at all? There is a reason he doesn't like warriors anymore, they are a lot less disruptive and that is what made warriors so good in s12 is that they were so disruptive, the good ones anyway. Check the ladders how many demo locks do you see? And how are monks unpeelable? Cyclone seems to work really well, even roots work on them you just gotta do it twice its not hard at all.

Just because you do not like 5s doesn't mean it is not balanced. I have had multiple 5s teams where I go rolf wtf is this comp only to have them give us a run for our money.
    Last edited by klj; 06-26-2013 at 03:38 AM.

Still don't believe me then check out spoilz post, http://www.skill-capped.com/forums/s...t-titles/page2

Rofl Spoilz even STARTS his message with "i may be slightly biased since im probably getting a r1 title from 5s =P" How on earth can you ignore that? So you're telling me a bracket where you can multibox 5 locks or 5 ele shams etc is balanced? A team of the exact same class and spec, controlled by follow macros and assist macros, with only ONE mind is balanced? That would mean, that ONE player outplayed FIVE other minds put together in ~fair~ combat. That's balanced though? It's not just at 1500 either, multiboxers have taken rank1 plenty of times in 5s.