+ Reply to Thread

Abnormal is on a distinguished road

Destruction warlock stat priority. crit > mastery?

So as of right now im stacking mastery because i have grim sac. but i want know know if crit would be better because how i see it, with mastery ill do more damage often but with crit when i crit it will hit a lot harder. idk if the little bit of more damage all the time is better than the bigger damage from when i do get a crit. im at 1609cr atm my goal is 1800 this season minimum and i want to do as much damage as possible. thanks in advance.
    swag.

Bernzy is on a distinguished road
    I assume you're talking about rbgs. In that case I suggest prioritizing mastery over crit. Your main priority will be to keep up rain of fire, pop brimstone immolates on crowds, brimstone conflags for great damage and the snare, spam brimstone incinerates into the group as well. You'll rape the damage charts, and have a constant flow of embers. Save chaos bolts for kill target calls while havoc is up. Try to put havoc on another target other that the one your group is focusing on, otherwise it will more than likely get dispelled right away. If you run with a dk tc be sure to communicate that your havoc is on another player for another potentially easy kill switch

Abnormal is on a distinguished road
    yea im talking about rbgs and ok thanks because i was just about to try crit but i decided to check here before i did. thanks a lot for the help and tips.

Volkkor is on a distinguished road
    Crits not gonna make you hit harder than mastery. It's only going to make you gain embers faster.

Ethandryl is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus View Post
    I assume you're talking about rbgs. In that case I suggest prioritizing mastery over crit.
    Where does Haste fall into the equation?
    Just started PvPing on my lock alt (hoping to do rbgs as destro later on).

Volkkor is on a distinguished road
    I don't really see any real point in using haste at all. You already get faster casts with each conflag. Mastery, Int, and PVP power are our biggest contributors to DPS. Mastery and INT being almost equal as far as gemming go. If you are comfortable with your current Mastery, Int, and PVP power, I would toss points into crit prior to haste. That will help with ember generation. This is assuming you already have the 6% hit cap.