+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Jalane is on a distinguished road

Warlock gemming, patch 5.3

so. im by no means glad or anything, im however trying to be as good to my warlock as i can, but i would like to hear from the fellow locks out there, what would you think would be best for affliction in 5.3 where the 65% resi goes baseline? gemming pure mastery or pure pvp power?

Drtucc is on a distinguished road
    i'd gem full intellect it's better than mastery and pvp power for damage.

Jalane is on a distinguished road
    you sure about that?:o

Hovah will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalane View Post
    you sure about that?:o
    no secondary stat will be better than a main stat in the current state of WoW. The sheer spellpower increase from intellect to be gained from gemming will increase your damage far more than gemming mastery, not to even mention the spell crit gained from your intellect as well. Mastery is by no means a bad stat at all, in fact its amazing, its just main stat>secondary stat anyday. PVP power is equivalent to a main stat in terms of gain.

jmac is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hovah View Post
    no secondary stat will be better than a main stat in the current state of WoW. The sheer spellpower increase from intellect to be gained from gemming will increase your damage far more than gemming mastery, not to even mention the spell crit gained from your intellect as well. Mastery is by no means a bad stat at all, in fact its amazing, its just main stat>secondary stat anyday. PVP power is equivalent to a main stat in terms of gain.

many top warlocks are gemming full mastery... reason?

Hugginz is on a distinguished road
    If PVP power was so nerfed (new stats to make 1% etc, and 50% on the gems), wouldn't it make more sense to just wear full Heroic PVE gear, with a PVP trinket?

Or is the PVP power on PVP gear enough to make up the difference in the fact that Int > PVP power?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hugginz View Post
    If PVP power was so nerfed (new stats to make 1% etc, and 50% on the gems), wouldn't it make more sense to just wear full Heroic PVE gear, with a PVP trinket?

Or is the PVP power on PVP gear enough to make up the difference in the fact that Int > PVP power?

Thanks
    Gear in instance based pvp zones are scaled down. So a heroic geared mage cannot do bgs with the stats he is used too in a raid.

Abnormal is on a distinguished road
    yea i would like to know if intellect is better than mastery because on azaels stream and he said hes is fully gemmed mastery for affliction. i want to give it a shot but i dont have the gold mess up by going pure mastery and intellect being better.
    swag

Soul is on a distinguished road
    if u want to compare only the dmg output of gem then mastery should be better. It is TRUE that int>Mastery but you should consider int gems give you 160int and mastery gems give you 320mastery. Very simple, 1int>1master but 2mastery>1int

Calado is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul View Post
    if u want to compare only the dmg output of gem then mastery should be better. It is TRUE that int>Mastery but you should consider int gems give you 160int and mastery gems give you 320mastery. Very simple, 1int>1master but 2mastery>1int
    There's no 320 Mastery gem anymore. The gems now give the same amount of primary and secondary stats. So we have 160 Int, 160 Mastery or 80 Int + 80 Mastery.
    I'll test today intensively, starting by the pure Int gems, since I'm used to Haunt x4 during the burst, and Int will help a lot in this situation (2v2).
    I'm really interested about this comparison. So it's right to assume that int and mastery are better than pvp power?