+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 First 11 19 20 21 22 23 Last

Abni
    Quote Originally Posted by Drivethrujerod View Post
    Do you just use ice lance when arcane bar is on cd or ? Also , I don't see how arcane could be better than frost atm but I hate frost because it's wicked boring to play and I needed a change.
    yeah usually when its on CD just for more mobile damage.

buro
    I just started playing my mage this season and I'm enjoying the playstyle of arcane. I was wondering if someone could help by posting some updated info for cataclysm touching on the use of main damaging spells and rotation, tips for mana efficiency, and maybe any tricks that might not be obivious to someone whos new to arcane. Any help would be appreciated.

judgejudy
    wtb videos of mage afflic HP vs rls . Playing at 2500+ mmr atm and find it nearly impossible to land a kill haha. Granted all 6 in the game are glad and or past rank 1;s. and the rogue is step which makes him a walked target dummy that will not die period,

Abni
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy View Post
    wtb videos of mage afflic HP vs rls . Playing at 2500+ mmr atm and find it nearly impossible to land a kill haha. Granted all 6 in the game are glad and or past rank 1;s. and the rogue is step which makes him a walked target dummy that will not die period,
    yeah RLS is the toughest matchup for mage lock pal. you want to heavy dot the lock and CC sham and land a kill on lock.

njaym has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    Hey abni with the changes to fire in the next patch and being able to run it with mage armor up have you thought about running a fire spec? Didnt you run a frostfire bolt shatter spec at some point. You could run a fire/shatter spec. I think its way stronger then arc atm. the 5s aoe cc every 17 seconds is pretty sick

Grish is on a distinguished road
    Hi Abni,
    I was just checking out your armoury and noticed you reforged every crit stat to haste. I am aware that Haste was the stat to have for almost all mages pre-cata. But considering the way haste is now, and noticing you only have roughtly 9% Haste as opposed to the potential 23%+ crit you can get from gear, I was curious as to whether you notice much in the way of a difference in casting speed from the static haste given without reforging?
    I do understand Arc mages are in desperate need of haste in place of any other stat like crit, However for what is alot of work and stat sacrificing I fail to see the retuns we used to get for haste prior to Cata.

Thanks in Advance.

Abni
    Quote Originally Posted by Grish View Post
    Hi Abni,
    I was just checking out your armoury and noticed you reforged every crit stat to haste. I am aware that Haste was the stat to have for almost all mages pre-cata. But considering the way haste is now, and noticing you only have roughtly 9% Haste as opposed to the potential 23%+ crit you can get from gear, I was curious as to whether you notice much in the way of a difference in casting speed from the static haste given without reforging?
    I do understand Arc mages are in desperate need of haste in place of any other stat like crit, However for what is alot of work and stat sacrificing I fail to see the retuns we used to get for haste prior to Cata.

Thanks in Advance.
    The way I see it is crits only effect damage, while haste effects CC as well as damage. Getting faster polymorphs and having faster globals is great on top of faster arcane blasts.

In some situations crit may be more useful (5v5 arena), where you really just use time warp and spam arcane blast so crits will make a greater difference. But in duels, 2v2, 3v3, and RBGs, I find haste to be more effective.

Thanks for the prompt reply Abni!
    I also noticed alot of your gems were 20int/20resil. It puzzled me a little, but after playing your Arc spec lastnight in BG's I totally understand why you have all the Resil you can get your hands on! Damn Arc Mages are the true Glass Cannons aren't they?! I must commend you on the spec though. Frost now, seems to be very boring for myself personally and as a result I was considering re-rolling to my Rogue. However after trying Arcane in PvP it has opened my eyes to the vastly different playstyle that is Arcane PvP! It requires so much more awareness to be a successful mage in Arena and PvP in general.
    I owe you a thankyou for this as I would truly hate to leave my mage behind. (On a side note I would love to see a movie or 2 of your playstyle! This would make sense of all the little tricks I am aware Arc mages can do but I find it difficult identifying the scenarios to use them in.)

Abni
    Quote Originally Posted by Grish View Post
    Thanks for the prompt reply Abni!
    I also noticed alot of your gems were 20int/20resil. It puzzled me a little, but after playing your Arc spec lastnight in BG's I totally understand why you have all the Resil you can get your hands on! Damn Arc Mages are the true Glass Cannons aren't they?! I must commend you on the spec though. Frost now, seems to be very boring for myself personally and as a result I was considering re-rolling to my Rogue. However after trying Arcane in PvP it has opened my eyes to the vastly different playstyle that is Arcane PvP! It requires so much more awareness to be a successful mage in Arena and PvP in general.
    I owe you a thankyou for this as I would truly hate to leave my mage behind. (On a side note I would love to see a movie or 2 of your playstyle! This would make sense of all the little tricks I am aware Arc mages can do but I find it difficult identifying the scenarios to use them in.)
    Yeah the resilience is very nice... we also get 6% damage reduction as a deep Arcane talent so having high resil and that talent makes us pretty tough :P. I have a video made but I am making some changes to it while recording more arenas. There should be a *barrage of videos in the near future as well as more articles/guides.

The 20int/20resil gems can be replaced with 40 int if you want, which is what I might do later on. I just let to get all the set bonuses atm.

Thanks again Abni,
    Your time and shared knowledge is much appreciated. Great news regarding the movies yet to come! I'll be eagerly awaiting their post with baited breath!
    On a gearing note: I do not see me sacrificing ANY resilience in the near future. lol. It surprised me how truly vulnerable we are to melee and truth be told, I do struggle with them. So these videos will be a godsend!

Thanks.