+ Reply to Thread

Fullerene is on a distinguished road

5.3 patch

I am surprised there aren't more threads on here concerning the patch. I was just wondering if anyone could provide a quick list of things that are changing, and perhaps how they are going to affect arena play, gearing, and comps.

Edit: Also, a list of classes and how strong they currently are. Then illustrate where you think they are going to be on this list as the patch goes live. Thanks!
    Last edited by Fullerene; 05-21-2013 at 02:45 PM.

joebrodude is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullerene View Post
    I am surprised there aren't more threads on here concerning the patch. I was just wondering if anyone could provide a quick list of things that are changing, and perhaps how they are going to affect arena play, gearing, and comps.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/967...otes-5_20_2013

ansa is on a distinguished road
    reading a blizz post is one thing.. joining a pvp website for pvp advice and finding no update/patch advice is terrible.
    you guys have known (might have even played ptr) for ages about the changes.. but there is no guide for gemming or reforging with the changes here.
    theres not a lot of people contributing.

the last pally contribution was 40 days ago from Athlete.

cmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

skillcapped is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ansa View Post
    reading a blizz post is one thing.. joining a pvp website for pvp advice and finding no update/patch advice is terrible.
    you guys have known (might have even played ptr) for ages about the changes.. but there is no guide for gemming or reforging with the changes here.

I would say, trying to produce any information based off the constantly shifting sands of a public test realm would lead to far more misinformation.

Give it a couple of days and I'm sure there will be plenty of advice based off live feedback.
    Last edited by skillcapped; 05-22-2013 at 04:07 PM. Reason: i was a bit harsh

Hovah will become famous soon enough
    The problem with providing concrete ways of reforging, gemming, strats for a new patch, especially one that is completely overhauling the resilience system and PVP power system is that until its live it can't be tested, and therefore cannot be guaranteed. There's a reason that there was no information available, it's because no one knew as they couldn't guarantee what would be best until live hit and therefore was played/tested.

klj is on a distinguished road

You gotta keep in mind very few of the gladiators knew what was best to gem and many of them tried many different things. Your expectations are somewhat unrealistic.

Cel is on a distinguished road

Hey Ansa, could you direct me to where you are seeing Athlete being the only contribution since 40 days ago? Nevershock has released a few guides even within the last couple of weeks.

We're totally focused on 5.3 now that it's hear, but as Hovah correctly pointed out it's impossible for us to put out accurate information until it's live. Things drastically change on the PTR, and we've learned from experience that having tons of content produced with a super high chance of it being wrong is a very big mistake.

Thanks for your patients, but I can assure you the information will be 100% accurate!
    First

Hovah will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Hey Ansa, could you direct me to where you are seeing Athlete being the only contribution since 40 days ago? Nevershock has released a few guides even within the last couple of weeks.

We're totally focused on 5.3 now that it's hear, but as Hovah correctly pointed out it's impossible for us to put out accurate information until it's live. Things drastically change on the PTR, and we've learned from experience that having tons of content produced with a super high chance of it being wrong is a very big mistake.

Thanks for your patients, but I can assure you the information will be 100% accurate!
    So... I guess I should admit that a huge smile broke out across my face when I saw a shoutout from Cel, if even small one. =)

Ravenbanner is on a distinguished road

Something I have been wondering about is

I get the baseline resil thing, but what about power?

Are we back to S11 as far as primary stats go as it pertains to being more powerful than PVP power. I noticed on my hunter that by going with just Agi and Agi/Crit, and I think a couple of small resil bonuses where color of gems was an issue so I went Agi/resil, and using the http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/95665 Bad Juju trinket in the non, on use, trink slot, I am doing a lot more damage.

So, with the trinket a lone I went from

+1354 Pvp Power
    Equip: When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 3091 Agility for 20 sec.

to

+1218 Mastery (2.03 @ L90)
    Equip: When your attacks hit you have a chance to gain 6088 Agility and summon 3 Voodoo Gnomes for 20 sec.

Got to love that Mastery for a BM.

Am I off base going about things this way?