+ Reply to Thread

AKman is on a distinguished road

New to Unholy! Macros Needed!

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to unholy (like 3 hours ago) and I was wondering if there are any awesome macros that are good to have around. Blood tap macros..pet macros..I have a burst macro already but couldn't hurt seeing how it pans out with a pros.

Also rotation tips perhaps! I'm not sure if Im supposed to use festerings and blood boils/chains to burn off my runes so I can get necrotics rolling or if I should be using other skills on those runes for more dmg, it feels like I can put out a lot more pressure as a frost DK. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rosst is on a distinguished road
    Here are a couple of mine

This is tell your pet to attack and then hit it again to bring your pet back
    /petattack
    /petpassive [target=pettarget,exists]

This is too Asphyxiate stun your focus target
    /cast [@focus] Asphyxiate

This is my Swifty Macro (you can switch it to another trinket or take the trinket out if you dont have an on use one)
    #showtooltip Unholy Frenzy
    /use Tyrannical Gladiator's Badge of Victory
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();
    /cast Unholy Frenzy
    /cast Summon Gargoyle

Necro Strike, Plague Strike, Scourge Strike with pet attack. Use the earlier macro to bring back or stop your pet from attacking.
    #showtooltip Necrotic Strike
    /cast Necrotic Strike
    /petattack
    /startattack

#showtooltip Plague Strike
    /cast Plague Strike
    /petattack
    /startattack

#showtooltip Scourge Strike
    /cast Scourge Strike
    /petattack
    /startattack

Pet summon or if you have a pet out already then it will transform it once you get 5 stacks
    #showtooltip Raise Dead
    /cast [nopet] Raise Dead; !Dark Transformation

Lichborne Heal/ Pet heal Modifier
    #showtooltip lichborne
    /cast [mod:shift,@pet] death coil;
    /cast !lichborne;
    /cast [nomod,@player] death coil;
    /cancelaura [mod:alt] Lichborne

Pet Leap Gnaw Stun
    /cast [nomod] !Leap
    /cast [nomod] !Gnaw
    /cast [mod:ctrl, target=focus] !Leap
    /cast [mod:ctrl, target=focus] !Gnaw

Thats about the bulk of my DK specific macros. Hope these help.

Diconius is an unknown quantity at this point
    Rosst knocked most of them out, but I would DEFINITELY take a look at the skillcapped pet control videos and burst videos. Really helped me (even though I still UH doesn't play like how a DK SHOULD play.)

Hey I've been out working for awhile and just got back, yeah all these macros have helped! Someone had mentioned an addon that would be helpful for tracking your necrotic strikes, and is there a macro that makes it easier to use my blood tap? I'm not exactly a pro with how I do the macros but I always forget to use my blood tap. Is there an easy macro that ties my blood tap into my necrotic spam maybe when Im setting that up or is it better to just get used to using it separately? I am excited to start using my pet more but I think I need to get my bearings on the Dk itself first, Frost is so uncomplicated to the Unholy lol.

Diconius is an unknown quantity at this point
    I would keep them separate, since there are some times when you may just necrotic to keep the stack from falling off, but still need to pool the blood tap charges to burst a little later etc. I actually dropped my DK because of Unholy. This is not how a DK should be played, it's so ass backwards from how DK's started out. At least most classes feel the same, DK is a completely different class now.

I dont mind how its played, I think unholy DK is just a lot more complicated than frost. Plus the pet names crack me up so I'm gonna keep trying, thanks for all the advice everyone!

Nytemare is on a distinguished road
    Its a bit outdated but i made a list of all my stuff a while back u can get it here http://www.skill-capped.com/forums/s...eybinds-Macros