+ Reply to Thread

Marksbooks is on a distinguished road

5.4 Gladiator idea

I just read the new changes to arena in 5.4 (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/103...pdate-7_1_2013) and I thought how it would be possible to award gladiator the top 0.5% of each class+spec instead of just the top 0.5% of players.

This will make playing "underpowered" specs more rewarding.

What do u think?
    Last edited by Marksbooks; 07-01-2013 at 04:58 PM.

klj is on a distinguished road
    I feel like having a different set of titles for this idea would be a good idea. Like Most Annoying for anyone that goes prot. Also it would be difficult to track everyone's different specs.

Antoine is on a distinguished road
    Not to mention we haven't seen yet the ability of exploits in the new system. Hopefully there will not be many holes and will actually be a fair system. #Hoping

Marksbooks is on a distinguished road
    Tracking everyone's spec would probably be the reason Blizzard blizzard wouldn't implement this but if they could add it they could just exclude tank spec for our sanity

I'm guessing the first season or start of new season will need a rating reset once they have sorted out the exploits.
    Last edited by Marksbooks; 07-01-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Diconius is an unknown quantity at this point
    #1 Thing I'm looking forward to is watching as the scum that get glad by sniping comps they counter will be gone. You can't exactly que into certain people if the battlegroups aren't split up. =D Although I'm worried about DDOSers etc.

skillcapped is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Diconius View Post
    #1 Thing I'm looking forward to is watching as the scum that get glad by sniping comps they counter will be gone. You can't exactly que into certain people if the battlegroups aren't split up. =D Although I'm worried about DDOSers etc.
    I don't think you have to worry about DDOSers so much - all the highg rated player streams I watch refer to getting DDOSed after being careless with their
    skype id. After a bit of research it looks like they get your skype id, get you to interact with them in some way, such as a call/video chat/download and can get your ip from that. (although why would you accept a friend request from somone you don't know and then interact with them in this way I just don't know)

Diconius is an unknown quantity at this point
    Can't you screw over DDOSers by releasing and renewing your ip to reset it etc.?

I bet wintraders are screwed with this as well. Maybe not in 5v5s due to the complete lack of competition, but no more wintrader 3v3 glads right?