+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Akashic is on a distinguished road
    Do you have a custom keyboard? if you have something similiar to http://www.amazon.com/computers-acce.../dp/B0091QOCNA you can make ctrl modifiers much easier to use.

Also; my recommendation for starting new with a naga:

Use the bottom 6 keys first. You can reach 1-6 on your keyboard with no issues, and the bottom half of your naga very easily, the ones that are hard to use is 1-6 unless you have a long-ass thumb

I used 6-12 on my Naga with 3-6 being bound to ctrl alt and shift to make using modifiers much easier, anything with a modifier was placed as 1-5 or qweasdzxfgrt so my thumb held the modifier as my fingers pressed the key.

I am using a Saitek Cyborg, works nice, back lit. As for my Warlock, I stayed destruction with Affliction 2nd spec...I am almost ready to start arenas again. I have been learning finger memory in Dungeons and Raids so I would have a environment that wasn't completely focused on me. Been working well. I am not clicking anymore and I find myself in top 5 dps all the time. Gear and rotation have a ton to do with that. Open world PVP I still freak out and forget button locations. Still die a lot against people I believe are less geared than me. ( but really have no idea ). I am only focusing on my Warlock and none of my other 5 lvl 90's so I don't get confused. One day I hope to get a Glad title and be a success story. But as for now, its a day by day thing. Thinking about finding a PVP guild and hopfully running with others to bring up my confidence. <-- in my guild ZERO people pvp, so its hard even to duel against people just want to learn and when I find others who just want to duel..they kill me fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhampire View Post
    Hello. This is wonderful to see. I like u started out arena not knowing anything. I am not someone who can figure out things but if u show me I can take it to the next level. I started playing hunter in season and sucked balls with him. I was stuck around 1400 till season 9 where I found this sight. Today I'm a 2500 rated hunter rank 12 50'pts away from rank3 and my first glad title. My advice, don't blame anyone for ur mistakes. Read, learn apply. That's the secret. I am actually getting bored of my hunter and I'm frantically looking for another toon to get glad with. I am leaning towards the lock since they r most like hunter. But I am starting from absolute scratch. I would actually love to see something really broken down like " lock 101 - start here if new to lock" I would even pay to have someone put it up. There is just so many thing I don't understand. It's ind blowing at times. But trial and error.
    I too started playing arena as Hunter..long long time ago, but I get bored very fast and have been playing hunter since the beginning in PVE. So I figured it should be a natural switch to PVP. Not so for me. So much stuff to learn as a hunter in pvp is was insane. I basicly quit pvp for a year and when I started back up is was on a Pally as a healer..now that's a switch. Never played Arenas though, Just BG's. Time went by and the last patch I tried getting into my hunter again. Didn't go well, got bored again and leveled 3 more toons to 90 instead. Patch 5.3 I saw the Challenge dungeon gear for Warlocks and said " that's what I want, that look" .. Funny thing I still don't have that gear.. Leveled to 90 in 4 days and then completely changed how I played the game. Learning all the keys all over again. That and learning arena stuff has proved to be challenge that keeps me going. NOT bored now. now I am always by the seat of my pants.

Help again

Well its been awhile since ive posted, been trying both Destr and Affll, I am equally as bad in PVP with both, but really good in both pve. I have now been told by every person ive played with in 2's that I have no burst, no openers, .. others teams locks.. Millions in damage.. im like 200K and just fear people. HELP ME PLEASE. I am now full tyran. .. but told to reforge.. and told my rotation MUST be wrong. Its the same as my pve rotation, so I am kinda lost. I am going to start Allfic pvp this season and move away from Destro ( I think ) it should give me more time to dot people up. I really am loosing faith in my pvp skills. I just got to 1700 team and 1710 personal rating.. and last night .. got knocked all the way down.. LOSS after LOSS now im low 1500 again. So please give me more pointers: Rotation, reforge, macros ( spell it out please) anything. Thanks again all!

Quote Originally Posted by Unclgazpacho View Post
    OK I am going to give Affliction another shot. .. But I feel all messed up. None of it feels right. maybe because of spec and not knowing? Half the time I have no idea what dots im using or if I am doing any damage at all. Even in BG's im like last in dps now.
    Dont feel pressured by other people to play the spec they tell you too. Warlocks are one of the few classes that have all three specs as a viable option. Try them all and play what you enjoy. While one spec may be theoretically stronger than another, the only thing that is really matters is in practice what do YOU play better. and for someone as new to the game as you are affliction may be a lot to try and take in and understand at once, it is a relatively unique spec to any other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclgazpacho View Post
    Well its been awhile since ive posted, been trying both Destr and Affll, I am equally as bad in PVP with both, but really good in both pve. I have now been told by every person ive played with in 2's that I have no burst, no openers, .. others teams locks.. Millions in damage.. im like 200K and just fear people. HELP ME PLEASE. I am now full tyran. .. but told to reforge.. and told my rotation MUST be wrong. Its the same as my pve rotation, so I am kinda lost. I am going to start Allfic pvp this season and move away from Destro ( I think ) it should give me more time to dot people up. I really am loosing faith in my pvp skills. I just got to 1700 team and 1710 personal rating.. and last night .. got knocked all the way down.. LOSS after LOSS now im low 1500 again. So please give me more pointers: Rotation, reforge, macros ( spell it out please) anything. Thanks again all!
    Have you taken the time to watch the warlock videos on this site? 200k damage in most cases means you simply dont know the class well enough to put damage out when you need too. Its going to be extremeley difficult to give you specific advise tailored for you without being to see exactly what it is you are doing in your games. My best advice would be to watch all the warlock videos on this site as well as the positioning guides. And maybe youtube Cobrak ( he is a well known Destro lock)