+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Lethargicx is on a distinguished road

GC leaves blizzard, Jay Wilson to be next head Dev? Thoughts?

"You know that part at the end of raid night when the final boss is dead and youíre done handing out loot and everyone kind of goes their separate ways? Yeah, this is one of those times.

We just came off of a great BlizzCon. We had so many different games to talk about, and we were thrilled at the reception of Warlords of Draenor. It was great to meet or reconnect with so many of you. I love BlizzCon dearly, which makes it so hard to tell you that this will be my last one, or at least my last one up on stage. An opportunity has come my way, and I have made the very tough decision to move on from Blizzard.

I wanted to thank all of you for being a part of this grand quest. I have said a hundred times that having passionate gamers, including the angry ones, is a far better place to be than having a community that doesnít care. You all care. Like us, you want the game to be the best that it can be. So I ask you to keep on providing your feedback. I promise (and I rarely promise!) that the developers care very much about what you have to say.

Iíll be out there, and I canít imagine it will be that hard to find me.

Hugs,
    Ghostcrawler

P.S. No, you canít have a pony. Or a moose. Or a mantis shrimp. Or a tardigrade. Or a crab. Keep trying though.

P.P.S. I play a Holy Priest."

-MMO

Jay Wilson's thoughts on PvP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLLWpT_nsTE

^TL;DR if it's cool for PvE and bad for PvP, PvE wins. WoW should never be a Esport.

Thoughts? It's either Jay Wilson or Celestalon...

Diconius is an unknown quantity at this point
    As much as I wanted to be the first to curbstomp Ghostcrawler... He was still the only thing keeping PVE mongoloids from taking over the game. Thus, I'll give it till next patch, then I'll be quitting and going back to League of Legends till the Diablo Expac is released. The game is over at this point, unless they hand the reins over to a top tier multiglad, then Jay Wilson will destroy WoW.

lethargic is on a distinguished road
    I read this post and then noticed my name next to it.. I was like what!? I do not remember writing this, then I noticed the x.. hahah

ChiRAQ is on a distinguished road
    =(

Kenny is an unknown quantity at this point
    Ah well, I try to be positive. maybe he changed his mind etc etc

ChiRAQ is on a distinguished road
    I was little discouraged at first too

Then someone pointed out that

It was made two years ago

Gg

TOmjashroom is on a distinguished road
    I cant belive out of all the people they could of hired they picked the jay wilson hes already fucked up diablo so bad and now hes going to ruin wow to the point nobody plays it such a tragic company blizzard is.

Hovah will become famous soon enough
    are we certain it's Jay Wilson? Honestly haven't seen anything official on MMO Champ or any forums. His twitter still isn't listed as anything to do with WoW, currently. Even so, a 2 year old video of a designer who's reflecting an opinion of nothing new isn't all that shocking. This was Ghostcrawler's stance on the game for the majority of his tenure with WoW as well. Honestly, until Holinka came, there were rarely changes made to the game purely, or ever so fervently for just PvP reasons. People say stupid stuff like this all the time, I mean I remember when GC defended how absolutely ridiculous DK's originally were in PvP by stating "They're a hero class, they should be better than every other class."

The feeling that WoW is not an esport is not new, the PvP aspect of this game is, and always has been a mini-game, inside of the larger game itself, which is a role-playing multiplayer game. WoW could potentially have the chance to become an e-sport, particularly with that trial of the gladiator option they have coming up, where it doesnt require the ridiculous grinding every season and can allow for people to just purely play the game faster, and possibly understand it more. WoW overall is too complicated of a game for the random person to enjoy, if they have no prior knowledge of it, it's next to impossible to understand whats going on. When watching LoL, you can at least understand whats happening rather quickly.

Overall, though. They'll pick someone decent, and whomever it is, best of luck to them, I wouldn't want the job, lol.

Lethargicx is on a distinguished road
    I posted it's either Jay Wilson or Celestalon, and most people think it is Jay Wilson BECAUSE Celestalon is the PvE lead, Holinka is PvP lead, and Jay is the only one who was listed as "Working under a special project."

I posted this for whatever reason, I agree 100% with what you stated. PvP is the minority factor.

Hovah will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethargicx View Post
    I posted it's either Jay Wilson or Celestalon, and most people think it is Jay Wilson BECAUSE Celestalon is the PvE lead, Holinka is PvP lead, and Jay is the only one who was listed as "Working under a special project."

I posted this for whatever reason, I agree 100% with what you stated. PvP is the minority factor.
    Lol no worries, I just wasn't sure if he was definitely the one. Grats on 2k btw!!!
    Last edited by Hovah; 12-06-2013 at 02:55 PM.