+ Reply to Thread

Ele / Destro / Priest or Paladin...

Hello,

ATM, I'm playing with an ele shaman and our heals alternates between a priest or a paladin for 3s. Just curious and looking for any general advice with this comp. Right now, we're at 1800, but we seem to have hit a wall. We don't tend to have too many problems with RMP, Feral Rogue healer, or TSG; however, when a beast cleave, ret / rogue or almost any hunter variant targets me, we tend to lose because we can't find any reliable means to mitigate the damage.

Also, we tend to struggle a great deal with decent geared druid healers. No matter who we switch to, it seems as if they're instantly bombarded with hots to negate our damage. Occassionaly, we'll get lucky and switch to the druid when he doesn't have any hots and get a lucky crit or two to take him out, but we're seeing a lot of < 10% players get topped off to full.

Again, just looking for any advice.
    Thanks,
    Abhorrent

Pyrilus is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: Ele / Destro / Priest or Paladin...

Quote Originally Posted by xchaosmonkeyx
    Hello,

ATM, I'm playing with an ele shaman and our heals alternates between a priest or a paladin for 3s. Just curious and looking for any general advice with this comp. Right now, we're at 1800, but we seem to have hit a wall. We don't tend to have too many problems with RMP, Feral Rogue healer, or TSG; however, when a beast cleave, ret / rogue or almost any hunter variant targets me, we tend to lose because we can't find any reliable means to mitigate the damage.

Also, we tend to struggle a great deal with decent geared druid healers. No matter who we switch to, it seems as if they're instantly bombarded with hots to negate our damage. Occassionaly, we'll get lucky and switch to the druid when he doesn't have any hots and get a lucky crit or two to take him out, but we're seeing a lot of < 10% players get topped off to full.

Again, just looking for any advice.
    Thanks,
    Abhorrent
    Give Affliction a shot. Hunters, ret, and druid teams wither against dots. Your elemental can provide the burst while you have two targets dotted and rotting to 60% HP. And remember - always be pushing damage. Make lots of switches. Keep the enemy team on their toes. Often, it's about gaining the initiative as quickly as possible.