+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Chucklehead is on a distinguished road

WoD - Huge Changes

I'm seeing some pretty crazy stuff.

"-hit, parry, dodge, expertise, and reforging are gone" (Say whaaaaat?)

"Your armor will automatically change stats based on your spec--there is no more "intellect plate" vs "strength plate." (YES! I can play ret on my holy pally without having to completely regear! SWEET!)

"Several core abilities will become passive, like Slice and Dice for Assassination Rogues." (O.O)

"The new Spectator Invite system will allow a match organizer to invite two teams to play against each other in a PvP spectacle called a War Game. Everyone in the party can watch these teams play" (All that trashtalking? I'll wargame you and let your friends watch you get stepped on kid! lol but seroiusly this could open up all kinds of cool things for pvp.)

These are just a few of the huge new changes being implemented. I've looked at the lvl 100 talents and they look really promising. I think some specs that have been pretty lackluster the last few seasons are going to suddenly make a huge come back (shadow priest). Just thinking of the different combinations of abilities and comps and theorycrafting right now it seems pretty crazy what could be done. I'm curious what everyone else is thinking.
    Last edited by Chucklehead; 04-05-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Kenny is an unknown quantity at this point
    I'm worried I won't be able to land much CC on my mage anymore if poly cast time > healer cast time :P

JJ is on a distinguished road
    The cc spam to win in MoP will make it the most irrelevant of the WOW installments pvp wise. From class tool kits to class balance this whole expac has been a joke. The community here at skill capped is a great one, but these types of players and people are now a minority in game.

Normally I make a strong effort at diplomacy, however in this case I will not. If you are worried that the cc changes will cripple your game play it was in need of improvement from the very start. The current system flies in the opposite direction of what has been considered skillful play up until MOP. Instead of having to manage your cc's/cd's because you had a limited amount with a longish turn around, we now have 3x everything on some classes. Warlocks and mages jump to mind, the amount of aoe cc, focus cc and instant damage potential are absurd, not to mention that the defensive package on my lock makes every other class I play look about as durable as wet toilet paper. One ply at that.

Mop had potential, and because blizzard took the game in the direction it did Mists became nothing more than a toxic community of tweens shooting meme's at each other in game. I'm not saying that past expac's were perfect they had their issues. None even come close to MOP though.
    Last edited by JJ; 04-08-2014 at 05:36 PM.

ArenaWarlock is on a distinguished road
    Oh no haha, i really hate this large amount of cc it ruins the game especially when its cc ontop of cc ontop of cc in interrupt and silence, thent he chain starts again and seems to never end. By any means i am not the best player but we can all agree that the cc was over the top this xpac.

MrDevy is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JJ View Post
    If you are worried that the cc changes will cripple your game play it was in need of improvement from the very start. The current system flies in the opposite direction of what has been considered skillful play up until MOP. Instead of having to manage your cc's/cd's because you had a limited amount with a longish turn around, we now have 3x everything on some classes.
    So much true in this

Fearitsxlf is on a distinguished road
    Locks and mages had just as much cc in cata. Idk what you're talking about. Yes there is a lot off cc, butt there really won't be that much less in wod outside of a few classes.

Battle.net is Fearitsxlf#1427, feel free to MSG/add me in-game.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Unknxwn/simple

sardius will become famous soon enough
    It sure feels like there is a lot of CC, but alot of that is due to dispel CD. This, in conjunction with some extra utility on every class in the game, makes healers unable to first dispel a Poly and then instantly dispel a Fear right after.

As for dumbing down the game even more by removing stats, I'm not really sure I like where this is going. I will probably try WoD, maybe it will be better than what I think it will be. As of yet I don't even have my main computer available, so I can't play any WoW. When is WoD supposed to be launched, did Blizz say anything about that?

Gaelden is on a distinguished road
    When is WoD supposed to be launched, did Blizz say anything about that?
    When purchasing it, it said december 2014. Could be wrong though

Marksbooks is on a distinguished road
    Their current release goal date is "Fall 2014

Dhampire is on a distinguished road
    Cc in itself isn't bad when it is designed to have timely cc for a kill. In WOD The gap between skill and non skill will widen. You will see just how good ppl are vs how they r not and this will allow a clear distinction between free boosted fully geared baddies and those who have learned their classes.

29 seconds or more of straight cc on 1 person has become destructive to the "fun lvl" of the game. It's frustrating to be blunt. And it has caused really good healers to roll dps classes instead of doing what they love to do.

I'm looking forward to these changes they are loooooooong over due.