+ Reply to Thread

When to use Grimoire of sacrifice instead of supremacy?

So I'm just thinking which one should I use in arenas? I'm probably going to play WLS or something, but I've heard that I should use sacrifice a caster heavy team which will train my pet. But what do you think when should I use it or can I swap to it permanently? Thanks for any tips already!

Lukus is on a distinguished road
    Hi Tashiwashi, i'm super new, so may be don't take what i say for gospel
    I've started with Affliction and have to say having the supremacy pet Observer is very nice vs caster and healer comps. Given you have your corruption out on all targets, you should get a nice number of procs, meaning that if they do train your pet, it's very easy to soul burn + raise another one instantly. They've then wasted dps time giving you a chance to do what you need.

I can't say the same for Destro, i don't play it much, but i feel that having a little extra life, life regen and making those chaos bolts bigger and badder must be a good idea

Again, just my feelings as a new warlock, hope it helps!

Berg is an unknown quantity at this point
    You wanna play with Sacpet and Bargain against bursty comps.

IronScheff is on a distinguished road
    I have a 2k Aff lock and I pretty much always use Sacrifice. I find that whenever comps see I have the improved pet out at higher ratings they focus it down and then (because I run Soul Link) I take 20% more dmg. Additionally, against comps that rely on DoTs for procs (Spriest/boomies) I always sac my pet to allow one less target for them to DoT.

dirtcheap is on a distinguished road
    yeah... losing your pet while specced SL+GrimSupreme doesnt increase your dmg taken by 20%, you just dont mitigate it and you Speccing GrimSac gives you 20% health+HPS it doesnt replace the 20% mitigation. not trying to sound like a dick, but im not letting some new warlock go off assuming SL/GrimSac gives you mitigation with no pet.

Medievalpimp is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtcheap View Post
    you Speccing GrimSac gives you 20% health+HPS it doesnt replace the 20% mitigation. not trying to sound like a dick, but im not letting some new warlock go off assuming SL/GrimSac gives you mitigation with no pet.
    You're contradicting yourself. Speccing Sacrifice while going Soul Link gives you the 20% HP bonus. Going this route DOES replace the 20% mitigation that you would normally get from soul link. You get the shitty 2% per 8 regardless of your lvl 45 talent.

Twochainz is on a distinguished road
    Hi Tashiwashi,

I would recommend using supremacy for any team, 99% of the time. Having a pet is extremely important. The damage reduction is worth it. If you seem to have problems keeping your pet alive, feel free to go to voidwalker. Also make sure you have the health funnel glyph. It's extremely important in keeping your pet alive. Also, try reminding your healer every time your pet gets under 60% or so.

Honestly, the only time I ever go sac pet is for Lock Ele Healer. Other than that, I find it to be more beneficial to have a pet.

If you have any more questions, let me know,

Twochainz