+ Reply to Thread

Dryou is on a distinguished road

Wod Warlock

Hello we get players with xp for warlock on wod beta, wich specc in 3vs3 i play a lot affliction but get a lot of troubel with dispells and the dot dmg is very low...
    PLs Help me

dirtcheap is on a distinguished road
    Currently Demo is performing pretty higher. Probably too high @100 Demonbolt(the new lv100 talent) is doing ridiculous dmg like 65k non-crit, and 95-130ish crits on single targets per cast.

Soulburn: Haunt will be the trade off whem switch over to affliction, which is still performing pretty well, but not as OP as Demo is currently.

Soul Link is still holding strong with the mitigation, dont know theorycrafting numbers but it still the life saving mitigation we need as Demo and Affliction.

Dont know much about destro, havent even put in the time to really play around with it. Best person to follow for destro beta progress, as far as pvp goes is "Cobrak". He even post games he plays. From what I saw, its pretty much the same as it is live. Playstlye; play off opponents mistakes, and kite until you get that good opportunity to get off a big cast. Cataclysm is looking pretty strong for destro currently.

Overall, warlocks got some very discouraging control nerfs but are still going to be a staple class for most 3v3 compostions seeing as Fear, as fragile as it is, is still spammable.

Silence is going to be something most will be working on. No more blanketing, and getting those lucky full lockouts.

If I was asked to describe each spec it would go as such.

Affliction; Practical.
    Demo; OP.
    Destro; Tanky.

Funny story; played a muti rogue in a 2v2 skirm on beta(because theyre op as fuck) ran into a Demo lock and druid healer. Tried to cc lock, and kill off druid(because theyre OP as fuck) and saw a juicy 100k crit on me and soon as I reacted to the dmg; cloak/vanish. I took another 95k crit, and was dead. Demonbolt... looks fun.
    Last edited by dirtcheap; 10-11-2014 at 03:24 PM.

yeah demon bolt hit strong but the problem with the demon log is all spells are cast and if i got the focus on me i never cast stuff out
    and i get problems to build up demon fury i need a haste build for this ?
    Last edited by Dryou; 10-11-2014 at 04:59 PM.

promethee is on a distinguished road
    Is Affliction warlock still playable in arena ?

Soul swap and nightfall's proc are nerfed. Can I still use Soul Swap ?

Thanks for help.

hispuppet is on a distinguished road
    I think the game play is much dif now for the Affy... the snapshot dot spreading days are long gone. building shards is much harder now. save shards for haunt burst with procs. for RBG AoE dmg use them for seeds. The DMG is still viable...

affliction is playable, sometimes fun but its in that spot again where if you want 1500+ in 2s you need a strong mobile healer to follow at 90, without Soulburn: Haunt the dmg isnt quite there for immediate pressure. You can still stick and move, but everyone knows our mobility is our weakness again.

If you're stubborn like me, and refuse to move from Affliction. Like myself, Ive played Aff since TBC. ill advise to Spec/Glyph into Drain Life+Harvest. hilariously op healing. Just remember Soulburn does not effect Drain Life anymore. Multistrike also comes into play with the extra heal ticks.

So affliction you think to build haste/multi/mastery/ versa..
    I try and i think i get more pressure with haste/mastery/multi/versa..
    I like with a multi strike build the night fall proccs, its possibel to cast hunt like a machine gun..
    But with multistrike vs 2 meele i get in troubel with no fast fears...
    The pressure will by fine in both builds.
    I try lsd and ls2 a lot, frog have no dr on fear and clone thts nice to force with the open procs and the first ds
    Trinkets and deff cds.
    For wod spread pressure will be fine i think but we have to wait on procs and ds to do that in my experienc..
    The play style dot 1 target up stack agony of 10 soulburn hunt the kill target an with the 2 shards you have left you can swap on all 3 targets...
    Now ita cool to clown target so you not loose the dr.. Than you will have 1 minute tome to refreshh your shards and do that stuff again...
    Possibel to do that all 30 secs maybe? If we build hard miltistrike get more nighfall proccs an have mor shard so we take the new glyph wich reduce the time of ds by 50% but the cd is reduce on 30sec i have no idea..
    Pls correct my bad english and my information that i tell you wrong...

thx and enjoy warlock
    Last edited by Dryou; 10-23-2014 at 09:41 PM.

To the demon warlock.
    I build demon on full mastery than go as much its possibel multistrike and crit.
    Demon bolt get a hard nerv on dmg 30% reduce last patch so the first one will hit
    Arround 40k second one 50k and than 60k and the last one 70k so thats with no crit luck ~210k on 4 hard casts 1000 fury.
    With no proccs.
    Demon bolt evry cast we do we need to pay more fury for that but its it harder.
    We can go on 10 stack. But my xp tells my 10 stacks are for pve i lile to grind my 1000 fury if i get no kill chance and burst than with procs and ds with 4 demonbolts and grind again the burst up...

Weakness: movment
    Hardcast

As affliction, and for next season, i will be going 13% MS > Mastery > Haste.(Haste > mastery, if my fear casts is too crucial to score a win). Blizzard say they removed haste breakpoints, but Ive already personally tested hastes effects on spell casting you do definiately get more ticks with haste, but seeing as this first season we will be hurting on damage so I will be going for maximum potency until I can find a good 2nd Breakpoint on my Beta warlock. Prob wont... seeing it will be the first season.