+ Reply to Thread

Fazzle

dk v dk

ok i only picked up DK the start of the season

i have full relentless (titan shoulders) and wrathful gloves

i dont know what to do dk v dk in a dual a furious dk with worse items just beat me please help

Re: dk v dk

Well if you mirror him and do exactly the same as he does, you should win :P (given the same build). Do you use every CD you have?

shkimpson

Most of the time when i VS an undergeared DK i just play very defensively, frost pres, death strike spam. I norm kill the pet pretty early as well. If you outgear him then you should be able to just outlast him.

Lafu is an unknown quantity at this point

Couple of things. First, use your strangulate at the beginning of the duel followed by a Gnaw. Reason being the fights don't last very long, and later on in the duel he may have ams/ibf up to avoid the combo and you don't want to risk losing it. This will give you roughly a >3.5 second head-start depending on how quick he is trinketing the gnaw. Next use your AMS right away to avoid disease application. If he can't apply diseases his DS will heal for nothing and his SS will do very little damage. Right after AMS ends, pop IBF to mitigate his incoming rune dump, and throw down AMZ as soon as he gets runic power to deathcoil. Begin using Death Strike once your AMZ is down to heal up the damage you're taking with no CD's to prevent it.

Couple of things to note-

1. You can pestilence to refresh diseases through AMS.

2. Death Strike is considered physical damage and is not mitigated by AMZ or AMS therefore continue to use it when he pops his AMS/AMZ.

3. Stay in Frost Presence as it mitigates quite a bit of damage now that Scourge Strike is now mostly physical.

4. Rune Strike whenever it's up (should be macro'd into your main strikes)

5. At all costs, do not death coil or Scourge Strike into your opponent's AMS. It will give him massive RP to dump back on you.

6. Get your Gargoyle out asap.

That's all i can think of right now, if i think of anything else i'll edit.
    Contact Information for private lessons
    Xfire- lafu
    Skype- lafuqt
    AIM- loboniga

Quote Originally Posted by Lafu
    Couple of things. First, use your strangulate at the beginning of the duel followed by a Gnaw. Reason being the fights don't last very long, and later on in the duel he may have ams/ibf up to avoid the combo and you don't want to risk losing it. This will give you roughly a >3.5 second head-start depending on how quick he is trinketing the gnaw. Next use your AMS right away to avoid disease application. If he can't apply diseases his DS will heal for nothing and his SS will do very little damage. Right after AMS ends, pop IBF to mitigate his incoming rune dump, and throw down AMZ as soon as he gets runic power to deathcoil. Begin using Death Strike once your AMZ is down to heal up the damage you're taking with no CD's to prevent it.

Couple of things to note-

1. You can pestilence to refresh diseases through AMS.

2. Death Strike is considered physical damage and is not mitigated by AMZ or AMS therefore continue to use it when he pops his AMS/AMZ.

3. Stay in Frost Presence as it mitigates quite a bit of damage now that Scourge Strike is now mostly physical.

4. Rune Strike whenever it's up (should be macro'd into your main strikes)

5. At all costs, do not death coil or Scourge Strike into your opponent's AMS. It will give him massive RP to dump back on you.

6. Get your Gargoyle out asap.

That's all i can think of right now, if i think of anything else i'll edit.
    Now THIS is a Skill Capped (ARENA) worthy post. Posts like these should be more or less the information we should be getting from you guys.

Great post and thanks for the info