+ Reply to Thread

GearFourth

Trouble in 2s (RShaman/DK)

Me and a friend of mine are playing Resto Shaman/Death Knight. We don't seem to have many problems with most match ups, except everything involving a rogue.

Now, if that Rogue is paired up with somebody else who has a lot of CC, or God forbid another DPS like a Shadow Priest, we're screwed.

The main problem is though; that I cannot for the life of me peel that rogue off my healer. I mean, this guy will pop every cooldown to get that kill, and he's right in doing so. My Shaman will have everything up to protect himself preemptively, and he ain't got no resillience problem, but the kill seems inevitable regardless.

So..uh, help?

(Oh, and my Shaman has both good Elemental and Enhancement gear, so if you think there is another maybe more viable comp, please say so)

Edit: Just noticed I am refering to my Arena partner as if he was my pet. Hilarious.
    Last edited by GearFourth; 06-19-2010 at 01:22 AM.

Haioken
    Against rogue/disc and rogue/spriest I would drop a DND for my shaman (regardless of PW:S) and start in on the priest. If the rogue sapped my shaman I would pop IBF when I figured the rogue was almost to me to prevent getting peeled and making it so my shaman doesn't have to panic. This right here accomplishes the rogue on you and you between your shaman and the priest.

If the rogue opens on your shaman (who can drop stoneclaw before being opened on and should have earthshield on himself with nature resist totem and cleansing totem down) you shouldn't have to peel and that should allow you more time to pressure the priest enough into making the rogue peel you. If he doesn't you can just grip kidney shots making sure to chains him then plague strike if he cloaks. Ghost wolf > chainsed rogue.

To help aide the rogue into making the decision to peel you it's ideal to have your shaman in range and position to purge the priest. I would tell your shaman not to worry about mana burns because between shock -> grounding -> shock -> mind freeze -> shock -> and then grip/gnaw/arcane torrent. That's a lot of time not healing while being stripped of buffs.

So in conclusion. Save your grip for kidney shots. If for some reason you can't stick the priest and he's helping his rogue burst don't be afraid to blow strangulate on the priest to save your shaman. Priests can put out enormous burst in a short period of time. Make sure you plague strike the rogues cloak of shadows and keep him focus chains and that should be it. Between you and your shaman using ghost wolf + frost shock/earthbind the rogue shouldn't be able to put out enough pressure that your shaman dies.

GearFourth
    Whoa, thanks man. Really informative post, and we shall get crackin' with our new found tactic(s) ~!