+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Craze is an unknown quantity at this point

Affliction guides on their way!

Hey!

Given how demonology has fallen off the meta completely, it's clear that Affliction warlocks need some love. I am currently working on finishing a windwalker monk set of course guides, but after that I'll be working on affliction warlock. I am already in the process of working with two of the highest rated warlocks on NA and EU to gather gameplay for the course.

I am very excited to collaborate with them and create the super high-end courses that we spend 80+ hours a week working on and I will ensure that it is worth the wait. Naturally noone likes giving out ETA's, but you can expect to have the guides out within 2 weeks.

We will also assign affliction warlock matchup guides which we've spent time improving on this week, to get you guys content even sooner than that and will be looking to create and release those next week.
    Crazé - Top WoW player and content master for Skill-Capped

Follow Skill-Capped's Twitter! @skillcapped

Ezao is on a distinguished road
    Great! I'm looking forward to it!

Me too, we have confirmed Wallirikz as the main expert for these course guides. This is exciting as he is, in my opinion, the lock who does the most damage out of anyone season after season and definitely the lock that I personally have the worst winrate against

Kokou is on a distinguished road
    This is excellent news!!!!!!! So dam excited!

Can we also have a guide to artifact path also?

I just wanted to say that we're currently scripting this course and are SUPER excited about it. Wallirikz provided extremely in-depth insight during our research process and you guys are in for a treat when they're released. Hang tight! These are some of the best guides I've worked on.

Ezao is on a distinguished road
    fucking great!

Quote Originally Posted by Kokou View Post
    This is excellent news!!!!!!! So dam excited!

Can we also have a guide to artifact path also?
    If you have a specific question about this I can have it answered else no plans to create a guide on it at this moment. And yep, we're stoked as well.

What honor talents against each matchup?

What to do against a caster team such as Detro/balance?

Affliction takes a lot of dog when providing pressure, do we have to LOS against caster teams for example and then rest are dmg?

When is it the best time to use reap souls artifact?

Best rotation for instant pressure?

Just a few things I want to know

Quote Originally Posted by Kokou View Post
    What honor talents against each matchup?

What to do against a caster team such as Detro/balance?

Affliction takes a lot of dog when providing pressure, do we have to LOS against caster teams for example and then rest are dmg?

When is it the best time to use reap souls artifact?

Best rotation for instant pressure?

Just a few things I want to know
    Not a pro (2300), but I'll give it a shot.

For the most part, the honour talents I go for are (as a human) Adaption/Relentless depending on how much spammable CC the enemy team have. Mind Quickness 100% of the time. Curse of Tongues 99% of the time, Weakness vs things with like a monk healer, and at least 1 physical damage dealer, or vs WW monk teams, but usually I think Tongues is better. Casting Circle vs 2 melee, Nether ward otherwise (sometimes Nether ward into teams with FDK/Rets as you can reflect DK interrupt thus making it an auramastery vs DKs and if rets are throwing hoj onto you, you can try get a clutch reflect). Endless Affliction and Amplify Affliction all the time in 3v3.

Vs caster teams like Destro/balance, if the destro isn't playing the instant cast spec keep tongues on him as much as possible, otherwise use it on the druid. Nether Ward big bursts such as Full Moon, Chaos Bolt spam if they're on you. And just generally be annoying interrupting and fearing them when they're wanting to burst or LoSing if you can't do that.

Vs caster teams I don't generally have an issue. Timing your Nether Ward for their big burst spells like chaos bolt/glacial etc is important. Taking Howl vs casters is great too as you can use it as an instant interrupt if you need to. Abusing your Infernal stun and 2 spell locks on their cc is also really great. I think at the moment its best for you as a lock vs casters to just stand in the open (unless you really have to run, eg healer is in cc or whatever) and just keep your DoTs rolling on everything and make sure you can interrupt any cc they throw out.

Soul Reap I like to use when I have 6+ stacks, so for instant pressure in the opener, I will run in and get my agony, corruption and siphon life up on at least 2 people, then I'll pop my Phantom Singularity to get some pressure rolling. Then by the time my PS comes back up I should have ~6 Souls to Reap and you can get even more pressure. To maximise damage you want to have your 3 normal dots then unload up to 5 UAs on someone. I'd also suggest that as soon as you hit 5 soul shards you wanna cast a UA on something because you generate them fairly quickly now and don't wanna be over capping.

The only time I'd use Soul Reap before ~6 stacks is if I really think someone will die if I press it, or if I'm going to use my healthstone, since it will make it heal 50% your max HP instead of just 25% so that's a really big deal!

Hope this helps some? :P

Yeah great help just looking forward to the guides now!