+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Vazlexxia is on a distinguished road
    Yay so cool !

Craze is an unknown quantity at this point
    So how did you guys like the course guides? Wallirikz will be working on matchup guides with us in January as well!
    Last edited by Craze; 12-24-2016 at 06:00 AM.
    Crazé - Top WoW player and content master for Skill-Capped

Follow Skill-Capped's Twitter! @skillcapped

Vazlexxia is on a distinguished road
    This was very informative but :

Wallirik's damage are not OP they are On Point !

dwightyo is on a distinguished road
    @craze

The new guides are fantastic. It's a lot of info for my cave man brain to digest, so I'll be watching them often.

Ezao is on a distinguished road
    Thx a lot 4 this vids! great work

Batts is on a distinguished road
    Defensive play guide -- Great guide overall, but I notice there are several things left out!

It doesn't mention the Sweet Souls artifact trait, which plays a BIG part in overall survivability I would think. It does show by video example that Wallirikz correctly popped Reap Souls before using his healthstone(macro'd in or otherwise) but doing so is what turns your Healthstone into that "ice block"-like defensive instead of around a 50% heal.

The other benefit of Sweet Souls is that you get healed for a decent chunk of health when your partners use their healthstones.

Since this is a new mechanic to Legion, what would you say the optimal use of Healthstones for your teammates be in the grand circle of cycling cooldowns since they have a noteably lesser effect than the one an affliction warlock uses, but can be used for instance when your healer is silenced/interrupted?

As for the other defensive benefits of Reap Soul, assuming you have Long Dark Night of the Soul, Drain Life will heal for a whopping 60% more. If you aren't in a burst situation(i.e. casting two UAs in a row) but are having to play defensively, is it a waste to pop reap souls to buff drain life and only your passive dots ticking(which also increases harvester of souls proc chance to 30%, and increases the damage-and therefore healing- of siphon life along with soul leech) when you aren't in an absolute use-healthstone-or-die situation?

And one last thing -- although Bigmoran(miss old twinking days with you buddy) posted a text guide for affliction, neither of these video guides says a thing about our 4th row of honor talents -- Nether Ward, Casting Circle, and Essence Drain. I notice Wallirikz uses Nether Ward even in a TSG matchup. Could you please talk about the situations when to use what talent? What to save Nether Ward for, things like that?

And it's been asked already and... vaguely answered, but as everyone should know, Demon Skin recharges at half effectiveness in PvP. It takes a full 40 seconds to reach maximum capacity of 20% of your total health(at ~2500k HP that's a ~500k shield, and when depleted it's regenerating a constant .5% of your health every second(in addition to your dps contribution to the baseline Soul Leech effect). Can you explain in a little more detail what makes it more useful than a properly used Dark Pact, since your DPS will still constantly generate a Soul Leech shield up to 15% of your health?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but since these are supposed to be incredibly detailed and in-depth guides, and we're literally learning from the best, I'd like to make sure no aspect of defensive play/choices is left out or unexplained!

Belrett is on a distinguished road
    what gear is the best choice... pve over pvp or should i get as much versatility as i can?

Quote Originally Posted by Belrett View Post
    what gear is the best choice... pve over pvp or should i get as much versatility as i can?
    When you enter in the arena or rbg all your stats will change according to your Ilevel. More ilevel, better stats you will get in the RGB and arena. If you want be strong in the world pvp, i guess than for sure Mastery is the priority stat and second best value stat is the versatility.