+ Reply to Thread

raindear is on a distinguished road

questions regarding artifact affliction

Hello, i've just started playing affliction warlock and was wondering when to use my artifact? thanks !

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Hey! Wallirikz goes over it in our affliction warlock damage guide: http://www.skill-capped.com/watch/11...-wow-pvp-guide

Dieiamgi is on a distinguished road
    Sorry to necro this thread, but is that artifact information still reliable?? The video talks about artifact taking snapshot with having the 2 ua's on a target, but when I read the artifact abilitiy, it says nothing about buffing according to your damage buffs out. taking the spell ability from a wow head post you get this .

"Deadwind Harvester = When you "reap the souls" you will get 10% damage increase and doubling the artifact traits you have purchased for 5 seconds per soul consumed. 12 is max souls currently you can hold at once, making the buff last for potentially 60 seconds"

Why does the video say we need to have 2 UA's out before we activate it? Is it just for the double chance they might reapply themselves?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=216708
    Last edited by Dieiamgi; 11-08-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Hey, I spoke to Wallirikz about this and here's what he said:

"At the start of legion UA snapshotted when you put it up so you'd have to artifact before casting it. I think it's said in the guide that it's good to cast 2 UAs and then activate artifact."

In response to your question: "Why does the video say we need to have 2 UA's out before we activate it? Is it just for the double chance they might reapply themselves?" he said "I don't think the video says you "need" to, just that it's the most optimal way to buff UA if you cast 2 UAs and then activate artifact because as you finish 2nd UA and activate artifact, the 1st UA won't have ticked yet so all ticks get affected by artifact."

Hope this helps!

Dieiamgi is on a distinguished road
    yes thank you!