+ Reply to Thread

Antie is on a distinguished road

Lock and rDruid 2s

Hi!
    I'm playing demolock and rdruid in 2s. We got 2196 so far. we are struggleing with some enemy comps. e.g. we do bad vs feral/healer teams and sometimes vs other melees that run around pillars a lot.
    Are there any talents that are needed in 2s? im usually playing shadowflame, improved dreadstalker, mortal coil (sometimes port), soul harvest or powertrip (vs teams with offensiv dispell), GoServ, darkglare.
    i play play Fel Lord in most games.

In generel i try to rot the dps, trying to get a high artefact hit out or keep my target in range of fel lord with stuns and druids vortex while CCing healer. Just sometimes switching to healer.

In most games im doing less dmg, then other dps. is that normal?
    Should my druid do anything special? should he specc into feral affinity to deal dmg ?

Is there anything i could improve?

Or is it even better to play destro or affliction when playing with rdruid?

LG Antie
    Last edited by Antie; 11-02-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Hey, I spoke to Wallirikz about your post. He's not played too much 2s and most of his experience is as destro/holy pala (which is also your best comp in 2s as a warlock).

He has mostly played with master summoner instead of Fel Lord in 2s, so you could give that a try. Fel Lord isn't as good in 2s because you can't easily set up big Fel Lord goes with assistance from a dps partner.

If you switch over to destro you can just play cremation with the conflag root and just spam damage.

Migglewup
    I actually play the same comp though not much higher (and on US if that makes a difference if you're on EU) I almost always do less damage that the other dps. We mostly play against 85% melee, 14% Ele shams and 1% other locks and mages. But I have extremely different specs for almost every comp we come against.

Firstly I almost always play master summoner, apart from against Sham/Warrior or other warlocks when I do play Fel Lord

Against Feral teams (and similar for DH teams) I will mostly play a 1shot spec. Improved DS, Soul Harvest, GoServ, Soul Conduit. We just cannot outlast a feral team especially so we have to go for the kill early. Against DH teams we usually just end up going into like 80% dampening.

It usually depends on what kind of healer is with the melee for what I spec I play then they alter slightly depending on the dps

Hpriest - Pretty much have to play 1 shot spec or we'll just never win
    Dpriest - Impending Doom, Power Trip, GoServ, Dark Glare >I try to do as much spread pressure as possible. Sometimes early I will do 'split burst' with Service pet one the priest with my pet and the rest on dps.
    Hpally - Impending Doom, Power trip, GoServ, Soul Conduit (I might play Fel Lord sometimes if I know they're playing melee wings) > Pallies are quite easy to get CC on with a druid so I mostly do single target with a bit on the pally and we can eventually win.
    Rsham - Improved DS, Power Trip, GoSyn, Soul Conduit > Against shamans they usually have ES on dps and sit behind pillar all day. So I try to maximize the damage I can get on the shaman as much as possible. Spam every insta dogs into him while your stronger pet continues beat on him with MS up. If you get a chance to cast a 4 shard HoG on him do it otherwise I put all my imps into dps. If Shaman continues like that we usually win in dampening because shamans mana pool are not as good as a druid. If he switches ES onto himself. we'll put him in a cc chain and try to burst the dps.
    MW - Same as pally
    Rdruid - Improved DS, Soul Harvest, GoServ, Soul Conduit. Similar strat to pally but I keep dogs on druid just to force them to keep a couple of hots on them and use a bit more mana. Druids are susceptible to switches especially with Barksin down.

As a general rule if they have one decurse I play Impending doom and Soul Conduit. If they have 2 decurse I just play improved DS and Soul conduit. No Decurse I play Impending Doom and Dark Glare.

This is a just a basic outline of what I do. I'm no Glad player but I'm an ok rating like yourself hopefully these ideas with your own ideas might give you some help.

Let me know how you go and what works and I'd be happy to try out what you come up with too. Always looking to push even higher ^^

Antie is on a distinguished road
    Thank u Migglewup for ur adivse. this helped me a lot. im playing soul conditue in most games now. we got 2397 to end of season and we are doing much better.
    as we started again today we struggled a lot with rogue or feral with healer teams. they just deal insane dmg and both of us drop low at all time. If my druid gets stunned in human form and i cant peel, he dies.
    do u have any idea how to beat this comps?

Migglewup
    Haha happy to help! I ended up pushing 3s towards the end because I hadn't really done it all season. So you finished higher than me! We got to around 2350. At least we beat every r1 that streamed against us though haha. Let me know if you come up with some other good strats!

Migglewup
    As for feral and rogue teams. Feral are just really hard. Against teams I know that can kill my druid I'll always play Mortal Coil just for that extra peel. Fel Lord can work against rogues if you want to use it defensively. Against feral when incarnation is coming up I make sure I have e both stuns up along with coil and they're not on fear Dr so we can cc it as much as possible. Other than that your druid just has to predict the stun if possible and bear form. Especially if KS is coming off cd soon just hot both up and stay bear. Hope that helps.