+ Reply to Thread

wandererhutch is on a distinguished road

Demo or affliction season 7

Hey, wanted to know which spec would be better for current season with a rdruid? Are new demo videos gonna be added?

Migglewup
    If you're talking about 2v2. I play Demo with an Rdruid around 2400. But we have also played against Aff locks with druids at the same rating so both are totally viable. For 3s it would probably mostly depend on what your 3rd member is.

dwightyo is on a distinguished road
    What would be the optimal demo and aff talent choices for 2s with a rdruid?

Also, would a MW be a better/viable option for playing with a lock in twos? I ask because my wife has both a MW and Rdruid and I mainly do 2s with her.
    Last edited by dwightyo; 03-25-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Migglewup
    We actually had quite a discussion about talent choices a few months ago which you can find in this thread

http://www.skill-capped.com/forums/s...-and-rDruid-2s

However my default talents would be Shadowflame, Impending doom, Mortal Coil, Power trip, Demon Skin, Service, Soul Conduit.

Pvp Talents. Mind Quickness, Curse of Frag, nether ward, Felhunter, Master Summoner.

I usually play demonic circle against Warriors and Frost DKs though. Lots of changing around talents for each match up but you'll learn what to do just from experience.

For Aff talents I can't really say. I'm not very good at aff so don't want to give the wrong advice. But the the aff talents article would be a good start and would still be effective in 2s for creating that spread pressure.

Rdruid is definitely much stronger than MW monk. Monk is the weakest healer for a warlock. I haven't seen it at higher ratings personally. But there might be some players who have figured it out.

wandererhutch is on a distinguished road
    Thanks a lot, I was planing on demo just wasn’t fully sure what would be best. How do you set up for the kills?

Migglewup
    Quote Originally Posted by wandererhutch View Post
    Thanks a lot, I was planing on demo just wasn’t fully sure what would be best. How do you set up for the kills?
    It's actually quite hard to land a kill vs most comps because almost every class can just run away from you as soon as you pop your damage. But it's about getting the healer in cc with Bash/Clone. Stunning the dps (so they can't use a defensive or kick you) with service pet and trying to get a big Thal'Kiels off. Try to make sure you have at least Service Felguard+Dreadstalkers+4 Imps at least if you have. If Felguard is on cd at least dogs and a couple of sets of imps. Infernal will give you the most burst from TKC compared to doomguard. But doomguard will do more dps over it's entire duration if you think that is what you need instead (like in high dampening)

However most of our games actually go deep into dampening and become quite the mana game. Especially against monk healers. It's extremely difficult to pin them down when you're forced to sit in the open hard casting everything. This comp relies a lot on communication with your druid. Especially co-ordinating peels vs using defensives. e.g if my druid has used ironbark on himself and is in bear he'll likely be ok through any damage. So it's not worth fearing the dps off of him. Save the dr for when his bark is down or he needs to go into caster form then spam fear/axe toss etc

The easiest classes to actually land a kill against imo are Rogue/warrior/ret/mage/warlock. Healers are very hard to kill apart from out of position shamans or out of position druids with no cds in caster form. Anything else is going to probably go quite high into dampening.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    You should definitely set your expectation to be that your games will be deep dampening games and you're not going to be able to finish people off quickly. In general if you're able to live forever you will eventually win games because of how much passive damage you're able to deal with your pets - and of course you can finish people off with big Thal'kiel's.

With that being said, I agree that demo should be your go to spec for 2s. As for the healer, you should probably be able to do fine with both a resto druid and mistweaver monk. They both play a similar role in 2s (in being mobile and able to avoid dying alone to melee). I would just let your wife play the one she enjoys the most.