+ Reply to Thread

Grepherdk is on a distinguished road

Having a bit of trouble with this Soothing Mist macro

I seem to always need help with this particular move. =p

#showtooltip Soothing Mist
    /use [@mouseover,help,nodead,channeling]Surging Mist
    /use [@mouseover,help,nodead,nochanneling]Soothing Mist

This is working great, except that if I don't have my mouseover on said target, Surging Mist won't comeout.

Basically what I am looking for is:
    • A macro that will cast Surging Mist to whomever I am channeling Soothing Mist on (even if they're not my target)
    • If that's not possible, then simply cast Surging Mist on my target (but if my target is separate than who I am Soothing Mist channeling, cast Soothing).

This macro will probably get pretty complex, but any advice that can lead me in the right direction would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Grepherdk; 07-20-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    "A macro that will cast Surging Mist to whomever I am channeling Soothing Mist on (even if they're not my target)"

You can't do this because when you use Surging Mist, the macro needs an actual command to know which target to use it on.

Ah, that's fair.

The macro above doesn't seem to heal my target if no mouseover exist (no does it allow me to alt-cast Soothing Mist - then - surging mist on myself with alt-cast); is there any way to write this into the macro, or should I just make a separate binding for each?

Dannez is on a distinguished road
    Try with extra conditional square brackets and an "exists" on the mouseover. Should cause the macro to use the spell as you wish. Like this:

/use [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead,channeling][help,nodead,channeling,@target]Surging Mist
    /use [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead,nochanneling][help,nodead,channeling,@target]Soothing Mist

Not tested this as I'm on my phone but I think that should work

Edit: The self cast bit. Actually looks like you are trying to castsequence on yourself?

/use [@mouseover,help,nodead,channeling][]Surging Mist
    /use [@mouseover,help,nodead,nochanneling][]Soothing Mist
    /castsequence [mod:alt,@player]Soothing Mist, Surging Mist

This may also work

/use [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead,channeling][nomod,help,nodead,channeling,@target][mod:alt,channeling,@player]Surging Mist
    /use [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead,nochanneling][nomod,help,nodead,nochanneling,@target][mod:alt,nochanneling,@player]Soothing Mist

Again untested and at this point I personally would just have Surging and soothing on separate binds
    Last edited by Dannez; 09-08-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Problem is, I use Vivify for my help/harm Tiger Palm, so my bindings would be a lot sleeker with Surging/Soothing on one binding.

I will try these out and let you know, ty!