+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 Last

Zenzy is on a distinguished road

Ask me any Question about 2v2!

Hi guys, If you have any questions about 2v2 at ALL, Dont be afraid to make a forum post on the 2v2 threads.
    Anything at all, big or small!
    Last edited by Zenzy; 01-21-2019 at 03:53 AM.

wandererhutch is on a distinguished road
    Hey! I cruelly have a few questions. What would be best comp to play as a bm or survival hunter in 2s? What would go good with a holy paly? And what comps work with dh? Sorry just have friends and myself that I’m asking for.

Hi!! I'm very glad to answer you questions, I'l do it in sections!

" What would be best comp to play as a bm or survival hunter in 2s?"

There's many comps that're INSANE with Sv/BM hunter in 2v2. A lot of people play Resto druid/Hunter(both specs) with this, the CC chains are absolutely brutal for any healer to deal with, Trap. triple cyclone + Bash. You can end games really fast with these deadly CC chains with hunters good damage. As long as you rotate your defensive cool downs correctly this comp is Very very very hard to kill. Bark skin.(Druid) Iron bark.(Druid) Roar of sacrifice. (Hunter). Even pre-bearing a stun can make you instantly not a kill-able target! (usually people will only try to kill the druid. Hunters have ok-ish mobility and a self heal. and turtle ofc!
    A lot of people playing this comp also play for the long game. Meaning their druid doesn't go offensive, doesn't push in for clones. And just stays maximum range and heals his hunter. All depending on your personal playstyle

"What would go good with a holy paly?"

For the most part of legion, Feral/Hpala was one of the best comps. Proven by some of the top players in 2v2. Played well this can be very hard for a lot of comps. Just to put that into perspective. Feral/Hpala was one of rogue/mage's biggest counter in 2's throughout legion. With how much the game has changed now though, this doesn't see much play in 2v2. not in comparison to something like rogue/priest or priest/feral. this is just because of the how powerful disc seems to be right now!
    Feral offers quite a lot of spread pressure damage, and a lot of off-healing for if you're ever in trouble, they also have a lot of off-heals which can make it quite hard for any team to kill. Plus they are one of the most mobile DPS in the game right now, so killing a feral with this much self/off-healing is not an easy task if they know what they are doing!

Rogues are also very good with paladins, most paladins will play repentance with a rogue however, to make it really scripted. with sub, you just Kidney the healer. Dance, cheap shot the dps. and repentance off of the hoj. Whereas with assassination You can hoj into rep. Or get some really good random reps that can lead you to win the game!

Affliction Warlocks are a usual pick for some holy paladins, but until they become more tanky or they can kite A LOT or something changes with them, this wouldn't be a good option right now, as melee's just destroy warlocks. (you'd need a buff or nerfs to many classes)

"what comps work with dh?"

The best comp with a DH is simply resto druid. With a resto druid the game can last up to 60-70% dampening, even higher if the druid is good!
    Druids provide an insane amount of CC and really high healing, and the Dh can do damage for a really long time and simple just OOM people if they wanted too, Dh's are quite hard to kill if you do not overlap defensive CD's with your druid

Hpal/Dh see's some play sometimes too, but this is less as much as druid since hpal just isnt as good as a good resto druid, this is also a decent alternative though. since they can do some damage with melee wings, and heal for quite a long time.

Disc/dh has seen some play at the moment (from my own experience) at around 2.2-2.4 mmr, but this is just a few people, this isnt something as mainstream as dh/rdruid. They just try to end the game really fast as the Disc cant really heal into deep dampening, or can get caught in a CC chain and their DH not being able to self sustain them selves.

Hope i could help! Ask me anytime
    Last edited by Zenzy; 09-16-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Hi, i am a 2350 xp rdruid who is having a lot of trouble this expansion, esp. with keeping my partner (bm/surv (have tried both)) alive, and sometimes with conserving mana. i have a few questions relating to this:

1. is ilvl a real factor? i had been prioritizing azerite traits+secondary stats over ilvl (e.g. 325 shoulders with 2 traits over 340-370 with 0-1), but have tried to go back more for ilvl due to the issues ive been having w/ healing.

2. would you recommended the same talents as the 8.0 skill capped video (short version: ward/wild charge/guardian/bash/cultivation (tree vs mages)/stonebark/germination for PVE, and cyclone/focused growth/overgrowth (revitalize vs certain melee) for PVP)? if not, what would you recommend? i see people on the ladder taking different things, including talents that the video cautions against, like SOTF. it also appears to have recorded it before the focused growth nerf was live, since the narration references 50% healing per stack, so i'm not sure if that's still powerful enough to auto-pick or if it should be subbed out in certain situations.

if you could just explain the logic behind what you would recommend for 2v2 i would appreciate it. specifically curious about when to take revitalize, as i'm not sure if some melee don't crit, or attack often enough, for the talent to benefit, and nourish, as i like the talent + take it a lot but know there's anti-synergy with focused growth + suspect it might be running me OOM

3. i also suspect part of what i'm really strugglign with is dampening and mortal strike effects. any general advice when i have all hots applied + ironbark up but it feels like my heals are doing nothing?

thanks, sorry to throw so much stuff at you

wandererhutch is on a distinguished road
    Thank you so much! That helped a lot. I forgot one last question, are dks good in 2s? How would I go about playing them?

@brickrock

Heya!
    You're playing Bm//Sv + Rdruid, Right now this is one of the best comps in 2v2. As long as you do not overlap defensive cool downs with your hunter, and are not greedy/over offensive, you are very hard to kill. Do not try anything out of the box and just chill and take it slow, you wont really need to spend mana to win games!
    Right now il is not really a factor in 2v2 at the moment, but you should not be replacing 370 gear with 325 gear, as you're losing way too much intellect/stamina for this to be worth it, Me personally i have the most i'll azerite pieces over others, since they do not have my absolutely bis trait on them. if the traits arent that good on them, i'd just go for having the extra chunk of intellect.
    Instead of thinking of it as item level. think of it as intellect/stamina!

People in 2v2 do not play ward since with the azerite trait your swift mend heals for quite alot, and having a few of these azerite traits + prosperity will your single target healing throughput can be insane
    I only see people play with soul/tree in 2v2, And i think i know the situations. with tree you become really tanky and an unstoppable healing machine, your healing output is amazing with tree, but you go oom super fast. Druids tend to use this when games are gonna be really fast. or if you think you're gunna be one shotted, I see this mostly played when i play ret/disc and we have a super fast one shot tactic
    SotF is what i see the MOST people playing in 2v2, versus every comp i play. It is purge-able though. you have to keep that mind mind. I personally try to purge it whenever i see it. or whenever a see a SotF Hot that i couldn't get the sotF buff, i get that. so you have to keep in mind if you're facing something thats gunna heavily purge you, shaman/priest etc. you sometimes wont get the most value out of sotF.
    I dont really see druids play cultivation in 2's atm as the other two just out-value it, until you get more spell power with higher gear and such cultivation will gradually get better.

As for your focused growth question, I see alot of druids still playing this. but again i think it is due to the fact they will get heavily purged and with this talent the healing gets increased. (Also a side note for your mana question. using this versus teams that cannot purge you, will in the very long run make you cast less spells since its healing more at higher hp meaning you don't have to cast anything) which can be really essential in 2s as most people will try and purge you, and if they do not purge you during a stun, you can just fresh the stacks. if they however do purge you in a stun, you'll just heal back up!

With revitalise you only really get value from it if you cannot be purged, if you are able to get purged a few times during a game, you'll regret taking this talent, since the healing inst enough, and the chance people critting you during the time rejuvenation is up isnt enough for it to get real value.

As for your dampening question, you're the most mobile healer in 2v2 right now, next to MW monks. you can actually go a whole game without taking a single point of damage, the only reason a druid should take damage in 2's is if they over extend, if you really tried hard to avoid someone as a druid, you could make them not touch you for 2 minutes straight. This might not make much sense but, Yes your heals wont do much in dampening that's a given. but in dampening try to avoid as much damage as possible. even if its literally just sitting in stealth. Spam rooting a melee. spam cloning a ranged (if possible) you really do not have to take damage ever

A little side note about going oom, do not spam cast regrowth, i know sometimes it might be hard to top someone, but instead of standing there and casting. Go ahead and cyclone the dps who's hitting your partner, just so it can give your hots a little time to do some work. instead of burning 15% of your mana bar to keep someone alive. when you could just cyclone them and chill.
    Also Innervate is purgable. Some people will strive to instantly purge your innervate. if possible somehow avoid this from happening, maybe CC them. Max range from them so they cannot purge it. You need to get full value from innervate as many times as you can!

Hope it didn't go on too long!

@Wandererhutch

Hello! The only time i've seen a DK in 2v2 was with both a Resto druid and Resto shaman, and i'm assuming from your previous question you mean from a holy paladin point of view?

Hpala/Dk is a very aggressive comp in 2v2, you grip stun a healer off cooldown and try to kill them, while having dots on both of them at all times, spamming necros on whoever you can and just trying to create overall pressure.

If you're talking about other healers, its all the general same strategy, create overall pressure with grip stunning healers and trying to slow everything down to your pace, as an unholy dk you have ALOT of control with kick+stun+petkick+petstun etc.

This goes for every healer except disc priest where games are inherently fast due to disc not being able to heal in deep dampening and have a lot of damage to help you with!
    I only say about unholy because frost hasnt seen Any play at all in 2v2. Not at any high rating anyway. not even at low rating i havnt qued into one at all!

berza is on a distinguished road
    Hi!

Just started my first serious season in BFA running mistweaver monk and arms warrior(me) in 2s this expansion at a low ranking (1400), just wondering afew things:

Who should we be CC chaining in a healer/ dps comp and what talents should we be picking up?

We are having trouble against bm/disc or druid, mage/disc, rogue/disc and are not sure who we should both be DPSing in these comps when my mistweaver has his dps cooldowns ready. Or should we be swapping targets after defensive cooldowns like rogue evasion or hunter aspect of the turtle?

For casters im picking up war banner and spell reflect, where as rogues im picking up disarm and stormbolt

For double dps we are having trouble against rogue/mage, rets and DHs and I'm taking stormbolt, duel and disarm in these fights.

What talents should we be taking for monk in these fights?

Thanks heaps for your videos, they have helped me alot!

@berza

Hello there i'm glad you're enjoying skill-capped videos!

Mw monk / arms warrior has been a really good 2's comp for the past few seasons now, and that hasn't changed with BFA, this is a very prominent healer killer. since you can 100-0 healers in legsweeps + crane + warrior damage, or stormbolt into legsweep or vice versa.

For your trouble against double dps, your first thought should be "Who's the least tankiest person on this team" Then you should ask your self "Does this class have a lot of mobility" In the ret/dh example, you'd go for the ret, Just try to stun him on his freedom, and try to force as many cool downs as you can!

Any disc/x team you can do a bunch of things, you can either do as i said earlier and train healers with stuns on them 24/7 or you can stun the dps, with an incapacitate on the healer (from your monk) and you both do damage on the dps. This is a very good alternative to trying to chase a healer 24/7 which can be hard versus certain things.
    You can legsweep the dps, incap the healer, spam damage during the incap. and just before the incap ends you stormbolt (because of stormbolts travel time) if you do this off-cool down, you'll do very well

Even though you say you are low rating, your talent choices are very good in these situations. You're thinking about it is good, what has to be done now is for you to use these talents and abilities optimally and perfectly, since just having these talents doesn't necessarily mean you're going to win, you have to use them!

A little example with war banner. The millisecond you see your healer being sapped. or stunned (Which is what will happen in every rogue/mage opener) you should press war banner. because they will try to do one of two things. stun on healer, stun on you and sheep healer, or stun on you, stun on your healer, sheep on you and try to kill your healer. which can be very impossible to try and pre-war banner, but if they stun your healer first, you can instantly war banner their opener and prevent alot of incoming damage.

For any double dps 2v2, you have to consider your own mobility also; will you be able to do damage do them? Maybe you need double time, instead of stormbolt and letting your healer stun people. Just so you have more up time?

Always play defensive stance in 2v2, and while you're facing double dps, pretty much never leave defensive stance, as you're playing healer/dps and they do not have a healer. so as long as you just live a little longer than them you should be alright!
    Of course if they dont go for you you dont have to be in defensive stance, but you get my point!
    Last edited by Zenzy; 09-16-2018 at 11:55 AM.

berza is on a distinguished road
    Thanks alot Zenzy!