+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 First 14 22 23 24 25 Last

harbls is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzy View Post
    Hey!
    Sorry for the late reply!
    Another question! IF i was to play a survival hunter with a holy pala instead. How would the strategies change?
    Is it still good? Same strats as WW/Hp or other general tacts?

Thanks mate!

harbls is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by harbls View Post
    Another question! IF i was to play a survival hunter with a holy pala instead. How would the strategies change?
    Is it still good? Same strats as WW/Hp or other general tacts?

Thanks mate!
    OR if my holypala is offline i can play my WW with my restodruid friend. Hows the strats for WW/Rdruid?

Thanks in advance for all the questions :P

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Heya! @Bordetella

Versus destro locks, i've had experience with playing this comp into that comp, we just aim to mana burn the pal,adin, with some cross cc on the warlock, and end up ooming the paladin and killing him, aslong as you're landing burns off cd (With stun and incap etc) You will oom the paladin in around 3-5 minutes, depending on how the game goes ofc. You shouldnt aim to stay in the open too long as you've said, however its WORTH to stay in the open just to get the burn, then do some damage;
    Of course you want to run on the warlocks CD's so you avoid going oom your self.
    Some small tips for staying in the open vs this stuff, if you need to stay out at all costs, and you feel like the lock will kill you instantly, just use blur at full hp, and go offensive. This might sound a bit random and weird, however using blur pre-emptively is a lot better than using blur at 10% hp and dying.

Rogue/Mage, Play tree form, one of you HAS to trinket the opener, or you'll die really fast, ideally your as the DH wants to trinket and blur instantly, and ideally stun one of them to relieve some pressure, and activate some sort of metamorphosis to help keep your self alive Via leech, and at this point you should be able to do a lot of damage until they next stun you. And when it gets to that point, your healer still has trinket (Ideally) and he can trinket to save you with his CDs, such as ironbark / overgrowth / treeform healing.
    Also! I nearly forgot, if they get a sheep on your druid your first thought should be to go and reverse magic it, this will basically remove their first 'go' But other than that, aslong as you're not overlapping major CDs like both trinketing at the same time, both using CDs like blur and bark at the same time, it will be quite hard for the rogue/mage
    Small tip, getting dots on the rogue will help IMMENSELY since it'll be harder for him to restealth with dots, this can be any sort of bleeds you two have or of course magic dots.

Does mana burn work in bear form? Yes it does, you're thinking of how mana burn interacted back in wrath of the lich king with priests mana burn, however they changed how it works since everyone still has a mana bar even while in bear form; simple answer, yes it does work always.

As a druid you CAN play these essences however you have to keep in mind you're a druid and you're one of the best classes to drink on, versus most things its very easy for you to run away and drink in stealth, however you can play something like crucible of flame to help with damage or conflict and strife to free up an pvp talent slot to make room for something else like thorns or focused growth (or whatever pvp talent you prefer)

Hope i could help!

The strats wouldnt really change, except for the fact you can go for healers more, other than that nothing really changes!

Ww/druid is more of a dampening comp, since you have a LOT of peels and a LOT of ways to live forever, just have it in your mind you'll win eventually no matter if you're offensive or defensive and you have mana in dampening!

Sealfon is on a distinguished road
    Looking at the updated Tier list, I'm surprised (and excited) to see Assassination/Disc back on top. I've been playing rogue with a priest friend since BC, and it's been a while since it's been a top tier comp.

What changes went through that makes it so good now? Any new strategies or approaches to games/specific opponents we should try to take advantage of?

Heya!

The main thing thats changed this season to make assa/disc one of the best comps is all of the new raid gear and the new essences which have good syngery with disc priest since their whole class is based around doing damage to get pressure and with certain essences and good gear they can easily do 10k+ Dps and out pressure anyone.
    Add onto this a rogue doing 12-15k dps (With mortal strike effect) and the same essences etc. You will have a lot of pressure that you wouldnt of had last season trying to play this.

Keep in mind Assa/Disc is a comp thats VERY gear dependant. You can be 2100 one week with ok-ish gear; then next week you get 5-6 upgrades and you can push 2300 just because of how much more damage you do.

Strategies? A lot of games you'll find your self wanting to train healer just to create the most pressure, but sometimes you can double bleed for the energy regen and put some kidneys into the dps to help your healer live.
    One of the biggest reasons that assa/disc is good now is because gear matters a lot more and disc is a healer that scales VERY well with gear and you'll be able to do a lot of damage some games and simply out pressure people with raw damage!

mogreene is on a distinguished road
    Hello, all! Trying to play Ret/Rogue as 2v2 comp. Tell me some tips and tricks to play that comp well! What spec? What is best target to kill? Switch to healer after trinket! Ect! Thx

Heya!
    I'll put it plain and simple for you

Sub is the best spec for ret.

Your main strategy is to CC the healer with the sub rogue CC while the ret uses wings on the dps.

What i mean by this is:

Marked for deathed kidney (On the healer) - At the same time your ret hojes the dps and pops wings.
    After this kidney your rogue should ideally step to the DPS and re-stun him, and possibly smoke bomb him.
    Here's the time to make some plays. After this kidney on the healer, and the fact his dps is in smoke bomb he cannot get combat, at this time your rogue can try and sap him out of smoke bomb. If this isnt possible you should use Blinding light on the healer, keep doing damage to the DPS and sap out of this blinding light and see what happens (Keep in mind you need to re-sap x3 times. Also possibly Shadowy duel out of THAT.

At which point your ret should of used all his damage during wings on the dps, and the healer is still stuck in CC; you can win a lot of your games like that.

However!
    There's an alternative way.

Your ret plays Crusade, and instead of kidneying at the same time as HoJ, You blind at the same time as Hoj.
    So Blind healer, Hoj DPS. Pop Crusade, Get 10 stack wings (WITHOUT Using Wake of ashes of Execution sentence or on use trinkets - Just get 10 stacks)
    Sap out of that blind, if the healer trinkets to save his DPS. You both instantly swap on the healer, with a kidney - cheapshot - cheapshot, Using all of your damage. Execution sentence, Wake, templars, blade , templars, (With coldblood and the rogues damage) and the healer should die 100-0 (Most of the time)

These are the two strats i use while playing ret/rogue. They are very simple but very effective!

Hope i could help

Ask again if i was confusing!

Derrt is on a distinguished road
    Hi
    My friend plays arms
    What healer goes best with arms warrior?
    Also if I don't feel like healing is it possible to play double dps as a viable comp with arms? Is it possible to play lock or dk. Thanks!