+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

sffles is on a distinguished road
    I got a quick question i been hearing alot of mouse turning and freeing up...... wasd for more keybinds so what my question is if ur not using wasd to move and not using q or e to strafe how are you guys doing it as casters more specifically mages if u all can shed some light on that for me plz do or any other skill cap member :P

Cel is on a distinguished road
    there are very few people who bind all of their movement keys and only use the mouse to move. They do not strafe, they only double click to move and right click to turn.

Most people have forward/strafe left/strafe right bound for movement, and turn with right click. This is true because with strafe you can be moving the opposite direction of your opponents location, but still be able to use instants on him (beacause he's still in your 180 degree range of targeting). I would highly recommend unbinding your left/right turn and your back button. Some keep back because they use it for minor positional changes, I've never noticed a problem not having it though.

Edit: You asked this question in an inappropriate thread. This thread simply addresses how you should go about asking questions on SC, not to ask them here
    First

1. You're awesome!
    2. We live in the same city.

Desarko is on a distinguished road

Mage PVP help vs MMS Hunters

I am a Fire / Frost mage from the realm bronzebeard. I dont have good pvp gear yet, I'm all Vicious, with 2 bloodthirsties, and a Ruthless spellblade. I dont have any good trinkets either (as I wait for season 11 to buy them). How can I improve against Marksmanship hunters? Every time I Go 1v1 in a BG they somehow silence me, dot me, then cast an aimed shot, then chimera shot to kill me in about 10 seconds. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Desarko is on a distinguished road
    Ok I'm definately not a pvp expert. But I am a Fire / Frost mage and I am decent at Pvp but since my gear sucks I cant do arenas. now, I dont have any moves keybound to wasd. I use these to move around freely. My guess is by mouse turning they mean holding down the left and right mouse buttons. This makes your person automatically run forward and when u release he stops running. you can turn much quicker in pvp if you use the mouse instead of doing wasd. If you mouse turn you can cut about 1 second off your turn time meaning you have 1 more second to react to what the other players are doing.