+ Reply to Thread

Gearing for BFA season 1

Hey guys,
    I know warlocks are not in a great place right now, but Iíve just come back after a really long break. Last time I played was in season 6 of WotLK! Back then there was dedicated PVP gear and you needed to stack resilience. Now everything is totally different. What type of gear should I get to PVP and not be horribly disadvantaged? Is the PVP gear considered the best for this purpose, or should I just shoot for the highest ilvl possible?

Yesdave is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Bordetella View Post
    Hey guys,
    I know warlocks are not in a great place right now, but I’ve just come back after a really long break. Last time I played was in season 6 of WotLK! Back then there was dedicated PVP gear and you needed to stack resilience. Now everything is totally different. What type of gear should I get to PVP and not be horribly disadvantaged? Is the PVP gear considered the best for this purpose, or should I just shoot for the highest ilvl possible?
    Welcome back , There is now a weekly conquest system, which guarantees you a specified piece of gear, aswel as this you will earn a new piece of gear which ilvl depends on how high your rating is in 2s/3s/rbgs and you will receive this in a chest after you've completed the conquest cap once a week.

There is also a "RNG" element to when you complete an arena game/rbg, you have a small chance to get an epic item, in which the ilvl and stats are completely random.

Ilvl isn't to important as there is hidden scaling in arena, Getting the correct Stats + Azerite traits for your specialization is the most important thing.
    Last edited by Yesdave; 09-28-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesdave View Post
    Welcome back , There is now a weekly conquest system, which guarantees you a specified piece of gear, aswel as this you will earn a new piece of gear which ilvl depends on how high your rating is in 2s/3s/rbgs and you will receive this in a chest after you've completed the conquest cap once a week.

There is also a "RNG" element to when you complete an arena game/rbg, you have a small chance to get an epic item, in which the ilvl and stats are completely random.

Ilvl isn't to important as there is hidden scaling in arena, Getting the correct Stats + Azerite traits for your specialization is the most important thing.
    Thanks! What stats and traits should I be focusing on for Arena now that BFA is out? Is it even worth trying to PVP as a warlock right now?

Masonjs is on a distinguished road
    PVP on Lock right now is definitely a challenge to stay alive, but we still can dish out massive amounts of damage. As for gearing, try to focus on getting the azerite trait "Inevitable Demise" on every one of your azerite slots as it far surpasses the other traits in 3's. With 3 of them, you can deal 120-130k dmg in 1 drain life when it is stacked to 100. Also prioritize stacking as much haste as possible, followed by mastery. The playstyle is different and more kite oriented forsure, and far more punishing on positioning in the current meta, but locks still have reasons to be feared if played properly.

Is it worth focusing on versatility or a certain versatility percentage as a warlock at the moment. We get so tunneled at the moment I was thinking maybe that was the better option first so as to just survive?