+ Reply to Thread

dobeycon is on a distinguished road

Question on 2v2 healers

What healer should I be trying to run with most often?

Guizas is on a distinguished road
    Seems MW and Rdruid are by far you best bet, Disc is also very good.

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Rdruid is the best with a DH, secondly mw/rsham are tied imo. depending on the player.

Other healers can work but those are the best^^

Xenn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzy View Post
    Rdruid is the best with a DH, secondly mw/rsham are tied imo. depending on the player.

Other healers can work but those are the best^^
    Is it possible to explain how DH should play with the healers that you mentioned? Like CC chains, when to peel and how the playstyle changes with each healer?

DH's play style with every healer should be nearly the same, just try and do as much damage as you can 24/7. while also interjecting your healer's ability to be offensive as much as possible. What i mean by this is. Shaman = Root totems / stun totems / purges when you're bursting. Hpala = Hoj on your kill target. Monk = Way of the crane + damage + ring of peace. Rdruid = Roots / vortex / bash / low clones. etc

The ability to win games as a dh/healer comp is very down to how offensive your healer wants to be, at least against certain match ups, for example disc priests, with you training them and let's say your rshaman is purging and wind shearing a lot, you'll kill him a LOT faster than if you were just training him a lone.
    Same could be said for every healer you play with in this situation, if you have an offensive healer you'll kill enemy healers a LOT faster. Or whoever you chose to kill.

When to peel? Just consider your healer "Fine" Until they are around 25-30% Since without voice you dont know if they are fine or not if they're dropping lower than that. Atleast thats my rule of thumb. Since i have trust in my partners to use their own defensive CD's and not die randomly, however if you dont have as much faith in your healer, when they drop around 40-50% Just throw out an incapacitate on the dps who's hitting him, and maybe stun his trinket or vice versa just to be sure you dont lose randomly because of miss communication!

Hope i could help (sorry for late reply)

Big thanks, really appreciate it. I tried playing on my dh with my gf holy priest and rdruid. So far so good.. I know this may sound bad but sometime i feel like I lack the dmg? I main surv hunter and dmg was never a problem. I had cc, dmg and I know how to counter each class. I seem to have a problem figuring out how to use dh utility to counter each class.

Hey again!

With a transition like SV to DH. As SV You're goal is to GET CC chains like trap - clone / trap - fear. Etc etc But as DH, your main goal is to simply do damage, I could understand why its hard to get a grasp of this because maybe its not what you're used too. Trying to do damage with only a limited amount of CC, and a lot of the time healers are your target of choice as DH, and as SV this isnt the case. At least generally it isn't.

As dh you have things like blur / darkness / netherwalk all to keep you offensive Vs every class. At least blur of those 3 can be used sorta offensively. to keep you high HP. Maybe dodging a kidney or avoiding big damage, just so you don't have to run and so you can do more damage.

But also it can be down to Gear and traits etc. Atm gear and traits matter a lot, a 350 DH will do significantly LESS damage than a 395 DH. Have you thought about that? Maybe that is the case!

Simply things: Try to be aware of enemy Cd's so you can use Blur / darkness preemptively. So ofc having something like omni-bar is really good when playing DH, And having a lot of practise to gain awareness. A DH with good arena awareness is insanely hard to kill.

But it seems like you just dont have as many games on DH as you do on SV hunter. I think in this case just play a LOT, i suggest playing with an rdruid since its so good right now in 2's/3s, Holy priest is okay in 2's but is bad into certain things, whereas druid is good into nearly everything. So just spam play!

Cheers for the reply and the tips. I think you are right. I had hundreds upon hundreds games on my Hunters just in season 1 and just started to play as DH really. Also, I'm around 400 ilvl on my Hunter and around 360 on my DH so that makes sense as well ^^ I'll just grind again. Cheers