+ Reply to Thread

nuise

WLD help

I know a lot of locks play WLD to great success, but I have been struggling with it around the 2k mark. If possible, can anyone provide some general strats that are essential to the success of this comp?

As of now, I mainly fully dot up 2 targets (whatever the druid is not cylconing) then start alternating fears on whatever the warrior is not on (following Clone DR with fear DRs). When the warrior is about to bladestorm, I time a deathcoil on his intended target (while watching for a spell lock on their healer). This is my basic strat against comps.

I have been having a tough time against TSG comps. 2 cleaves on me, and it is hard for me and my pet to stay alive. I have tried putting my pet in places out of range of the cleave-train, but also in range to dispell me and my party members.

Any and all advice/feedback would be MUCH appreciated! 3s is definitely my favorite bracket, and I would love to start playing it on a higher level.

Link to my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... h&cn=Nuise

Kisun

Re: WLD help

against TSG you usually want to set your port in one place and then stand your pet about 6-10 yards away from it and then get about 10 yards away from both.

Example: Nagrand arena. Set port on the left behind the pillar. have your healer stay a bit behind the pillar and a tad bit to the right. Set your pet closer to the right pillar, and then run to the place between the 2 pillars.

That means their pally/druid has to come all the way over behind the pillar, or at least to the pillar on the right to cc your healer (puts him in a bad position). You also want to have a cc rotation worked out on the dps that ure not focusing. Probably early early cyclones with prehots rolling on you into fear into disarm.

Generally TSG sucks for locks, because you get rolled if your cc is not on point I also recommend checking out the RLS vs TSG video by Zyz, the tactic that WLD will use is usually similar.

aprimechop

You need to get to the 6% hit cap since undead, blood elves and draenei all have an added 2% miss to shadow and those are very popular arena races. TSG is rough for any warlock teams. You need to work with your druid in terms of CCing dps in the early part of the game, once they have blown offensive CDs you can start to play more offensively and utilize CCs on the paladin, the key is to only have one of the melee on you at a time, obviously this is harder to do in practice. I usually cyclone the DK initially so my lock can get UA up on the warrior and then root the warrior (obviously with my lock pre-hotted), if the paladin freedoms the warrior I cyclone him to negate that. Coming up your team will get a huge survivability buff with your warrior able to disarm their bladestorm, but right now try to save your ports for bladestorms, especially the initial bladestorm and if you are still low after the BS have your warrior disarm to make sure MS gets off you. Try to devour strangulates and HoJs on your druid. If the DK grips the druid in be ready for a bladestorm. You warrior should also be using demo shout and thunderclap to reduce the incoming damage.

Pyrilus is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, I just wrote some stuff for WLD against TSG. Let me know if it doesn't answer your questions completely.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=529