+ Reply to Thread

Migglewup

Couple of quick Demo questions

I've recently come back to the after a very short hiatus (8.0 update meant I could no longer run the game. But now I have a new PC woo!). I've watched the guides here of course already. I've just hit 119 so getting ready to get into it. I'll mostly be playing Demo. I can tell that it's not as popular as Destro or Aff but I've always loved Demo a lot. The only stream I can really find is Mgodx. But I notice he is very often playing succy in a lot of matches. Is that because his warrior already has stuns. Is it because there is a plethora of Rshams and tremor is back? Is it just simply more dps now? I've tried checking out armouries of other locks. Notably Sosserri but it is hard to gather too much info from them especially when they are in a different spec half the time.

Secondly how viable is RLD as that is what I'll be playing. My guess is it will be a dampening comp. How do they go in the meta at the moment?

I'll learn a lot as I actually start playing but just want to get an understanding of these things to get a head start if I can.

Thanks for any tips

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Honestly I would highly suggest not playing demo outside of 2s at least. Both affliction and destruction at least have one decent comp (MLD/P for affliction and FLP for destruction) but demo doesn't really have anything.

For that reason it's difficult for me to comment on your question about the use of succubus (I'm not sure if it's more DPS) but I doubt it has anything to do with tremor being in the game again.

As for RLD, let's just say you will never see the comp played anywhere near the top of the ladder.

I know this probably isn't what you wanted to hear but it's just the state of demo right now, it's basically a dead spec in competitive 3s but can be somewhat decent in 2s with a resto shaman.

Migglewup
    You're correct in that's not really what I wanted to hear haha. I still have hope though. Mgodx is playing WLS I see and he is above 2900 now. Sosserri is still pretty high still playing Demo. What comp is he running does anyone know? I've only just hit 120 so I won't be doing a serious push this season. But with some incoming changes maybe there is some hope. Looks like Demo will be pretty tanky compared to the other specs, will that make a difference? There must be something these top Demos are doing differently. I just want to find out what it is!

Brodan is on a distinguished road
    Succubus has slow, extra CC and with PvP talent it lowers cast time of your shadow bolt and add some 15% shadow damage all the time. The reason why you go for this build is that demo has really long casts and these casts are his main way to build soul shards and also the best trait for demo is 3x stacked Shadow Bite that works great with that PvP talent.