+ Reply to Thread

Nourish in 8.1

With the change to the Nourish PvP Talent make RDruid strong again? -

Nourish: Heals a friendly target for (250% of Spell power) and automatically applies one of your missing healing over time spells to the target. If all of them are present, Nourish critically heals. (from wowhead)

Same mana cost as Regrowth but Regrowth heals for 120% and 30% as a HoT on a 1.5 second cast, while nourish is a 2.0 second cast.

I feel like a struggle to keep people topped even when I am free casting and I am hoping this fixes the issue.

Yesdave is on a distinguished road
    Lets hope, we will have to see how it plays out in 8.1. I cant remember the last time I saw a rdruid on high mmr!

Xc is on a distinguished road
    Nourish used to apply a missing HoT when regrowth was cast. This feels like a nerf...

Quote Originally Posted by Xc View Post
    Nourish used to apply a missing HoT when regrowth was cast. This feels like a nerf...
    It still does, it just applies it when you cast Nourish instead of Regrowth.

Xc is on a distinguished road
    Right, but regrowth is instacast in treeform... Nourish is not.

I agree that the change makes me not want to play tree. For context, I am a scrub ~1800 mmr player. I tried playing with cultivation and I actually don't mind it at all. It adds to mastery and it's one less thing to think about.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    The thing about Nourish is that it heals for a ton but the cast is really long which means you will struggle to make use of it when you're being targeted but it can be great for keeping your team alive in certain matchups.

Eddiehck is on a distinguished road
    I think it depends on the comp you are running/up against. Nourish can be super strong if you are running with double caster or comps you know you wont be the kill target. In that case you can sit back and PVE heal from far and only push in for follow up on CCs with Clone/Stuns. If you are playing an aggressive comp or a comp that relies on your ccs (God, melee cleaves, etc), you may find yourself with little to no time to use Nourish, so you better choose something else for that slot.

Personally, I thin that cyclone should be baseline for resto druids as we severely lack PVP talent slots, that wold open up lots of possibilities for us, including running Nourish more often.