+ Reply to Thread

rfwarrior is on a distinguished road

Kiting melee - how?

I'm playing resto shaman in 2s and I'm struggling to kite melee,
    mainly warriors or rogues.

I try hugging a pillar - drag the melee out of line of the healer and root them.
    Think I might get some room - but I either get feared (warrior), stunned (warrior or rogue),
    or they cloak or bladestorm out of root. If i do actually get a entanglement to hold. They can
    just fly across the map in one way or another and resume the pain train.

I don't use the ghost wolf talent (or pack trait). Should I use the talent more? Not really sure I want to use pack trait as it seems like a crutch that will be pulled away by a nerf.

At the moment I'm at 351 item level and at 1500 rating. (Have been 2k but that's a few years in the past).

Use earthbind totem (the one that slows). Place it as close to the pillar as you can so that its effect wraps around as much of the pillar as possible. If a melee is on you generally try to LOS their healer so you don’t get DPS from both. When you need to get casts off you can ghost wolf and run around the pillar. Hug it as close as possible. I had the bad habit of running around the pillar with a fair bit of distance between myself and the pillar. This increases the radius of the circle you are running around. As soon as you get around a corner and are LOSing them throw out a cast on yourself, then ghost wolf and continue around the pillar. The earthbind totem will slow them down and allow you to get distance. Also, if you can use earth grab totem (the one that roots) AFTER they have used bladestorm or whatever ability they have that can remove root. Also, root them out of LOS of their healer so it can’t be dispelled. If you can get them in a root don’t feel like you have to run all the way across the map from them. Just get to another side of the pillar so you can LOS and cast (prevents interrupt).

This won’t work every time. You may get stunned as you try to turn the corner or whatever. It will work some of the time and allow you to get extra casts off (which is all you need).

rfwarrior is on a distinguished road
    Thanks. I'll definitely make more use of the slowing totem and look for the quick casts.