+ Reply to Thread

AcesDisc is on a distinguished road

uh dk opener 2v2?

With the changes to uh dk for 8.1 I started playing my main in arena. He's 387 ilvl currently and the only problem I've had so far is finding the time to climb rating. Playing with an hpal and rdruid currently.

My question is for the opener are people even casting Apoc or stacking wounds to 6 and just spamming necro strike vs healer teams? With the druid, he specs kitty and we open dps if the heals is stealth otherwise we straight tunnel the healer. I've been spending the first 4 runes on apoc then stacking back to 6 for necro spam. This usually pulls almost all of the healers cds and then it's just rinse and repeat to 6 wounds again and we usually get a kill on the 2nd full set of necro spam.

In thinking about it, is apoc even worth spending the wounds on vs a healer when you are just necro spamming? I fully expect something to get nerfed because it seems insanely op at the moment ESPECIALLY when playing with druid who kites and clones the dps. Even with a caster comp, between AMS, Lichborne and AMZ I just feel like there isn't really a healer/x comp with an answer except.....

x/assassination rogue because the rogue just obliterates my druid but I think that's mostly a spec issue with him sticking to kitty spec when he should be going all out heal spec. Rogues consume a lot of my interrupt tools for the healer because I end up spending extra runes and abilities on peels.

I have very little recent pvp experience with the dk. Was 2k rating back in wotlk but the game has changed quite a bit since then. So far I've played around 30-40 games and pushed up to 1700 and I'm assuming I'm flat out outgearing most teams we are currently facing (180k hp, 20% haste, 11% vers)

tldr;
    open with apoc or blow all the wounds on necro?
    is this play style viable at higher ratings? (2k+)

AcesDisc is on a distinguished road
    bump

Yesdave is on a distinguished road
    Hey,

To be honest, It doesn't realy matter to much when you use apocalypse, I personally like to use it when I stun a target, or when the healer is in CC, for the upfront burst and I also try to use soul reaper before. You can pop unholy frenzy after, to generate the festering wounds, for necrotic spam.

The main thing is that your getting your necrotic strikes off, and utilizing your normal kick + pet kick to lock down healers.

It does work at higher rating, however good players will kite you better, that's why I like to stun the target before I pop my major cool downs.