+ Reply to Thread

PUMPIT is on a distinguished road

How to deal with melee train

So I am trying to climb I got a nice 1900 in 2's as affliction, but I see 3's is needed this is using just random group finder and not using comms as well.

How do I deal with melee cleaves

I am going to explain in this is a way that you have to assume my partners are not doing anything to help in peeling or if they are I never notice it.

PvP Talents
    Demon Armor
    Nether Ward (vs. DH/DK/Shamans)
    3rd talent varies but usually gateway mastery though it doesn't help otherwise 'Casting Circle."

So many matches the dps just spam kicks on me, and I die, I teleport then warrior leap, DH dash, Ret paladin horse anything they use to get on me. I gateway, and they follow me as well I get one cast before they are on me again I try to fake cast amid double stuns/double kicks. It is brutal I have no breathing room, what am I missing. I watch high-end pvp, and the warlock is not touched in the slightest as much as I am at low elo.

What can I do in a 3v3 with no comms to help me survive? I don't want to have to rely on comms at 1600 low elo in 3v3 I can even stream some shots if need.

PUMPIT is on a distinguished road
    At this point I hit a wall, everyone melee heals comp usually beats me and I cannot seem to fake cast anyone I went from 1922 highest in 2's to 1750 now, particularly warriors which seem to have a home in 2's and my drain life even with 3 stacks doesn't seem to get the job done as I have Choice A which is cast 4 UA's on the target while he is on top of me as I cannot seem to get away, but then I cannot drain life because their kicks are back up so UA's fall off, so I pretty much always have just drain life and agony on the target which I know is not optimal but everyone and their mother knows about affliction locks only way to deal damage.

Yesdave is on a distinguished road
    Hey,

Melee cleaves have always been realy good against warlocks, especially warriors, and its always going to be 10x harder if you have no communication with your team.

As for talents, vs most melee cleaves you want to play gateway mastery, port, demon armor.

Surviving as a warlock, is all about having communication with your healer, but in general you want to use your port/gateway every time your healer is in CC or the enemy pops offensive cooldowns, and if in 3's you realy need your team mate to peel for you.

Affliction is in a bad state atm tbh, it relys on a cheesy drain life build which can easily be countered. Id play destro if you can, as its better in 3s and can survive easier.

FLP
    MLP
    RLP
    WWLS

Here are some of the best comps i would recommend playing.