+ Reply to Thread

rfwarrior is on a distinguished road

Monk healing post nerf

I've noticed a real difference since the surging mist double nerf. (mana cost increase, healing output decrease).

I'm running out of mana a lot sooner. I realise that I need to adjust my playstyle.

I was watching woopy last night - and in 3s he wasn't running suring pvp talent at all.
    He seemed to use enveloping mist (I guess empowering it sometimes), but due to channeling soothing mist it's difficult to see what other spells he's casting. For example I'm not sure if he was casting vivify ever (although at close to the mana of surging mist and with less healing I'm not sure why he would).

My question is - in 2v2 should I still run surging mist? and try to be more mindful of not using it as much or try to drink more often?. if the answer is no - what do i do to top my partner - do I favour renewing mist (possibly empowered if i need an initial heal)?

I have a tendency to like to see a full health bar on me and my partner. I guess I can stop topping with surging mist if I have a hot on and no big damage is going in.

So I guess the real question after my wall of text is how to heal efficiently with healing surge and without.

Abx is on a distinguished road
    I still think Surging Mist is one of your top healing abillity's and not worth dropping in most situations, however it should not be spammed anymore, and i think that using thunder focus tea with enveloping mist is worth more than spamming surging mist now. Try to only use surging mist when it's actually needed instead of trying to keep your team member topped the entire game since this will drain your mana pretty fast

rfwarrior is on a distinguished road
    @Abx. Thanks. I'll give that a go.

I was going to try using mana-tea if i was forced to try to pick my partner up with surges - but that would delay my way of the crane till mana tea was back - I'd be better off craning in those circumstances.

Chisnate is on a distinguished road
    Do you feel Mw is still top tier? im really having some mana issues, and i dont feel way of the crane is the way to go atm especially in 3vs3.

Yesdave is on a distinguished road
    MW is still top tier, and most monks I face are still using crane, Here are some of the MW comps I am seeing on 3k+.

MW/Ele/Destro
    MW/SP/Destro
    MW/Mage/Rogue
    MW/Mage/WW
    Last edited by Yesdave; 01-20-2019 at 08:55 PM.

@Abx Which honor talents should I run for RBG's? Is refreshing breeze a viable option for team fight maps or is surging still better?

Chisnate is on a distinguished road
    Any specific spec we should run now?

@rfwarrior You can play without crane vs a lot of comps and survive while playing with the short cocoon talent, RMP for example, if its a comp where your crane wont have maximum value and you dont have to aoe heal you can go for that instead, vs rot comps you can play counteract magic instead of zen focus tea since these usually have limited intterupts and you can manage your mana while renewing mist and crane does most of the work.

@grantduchesne i dont think refreshing breeze is worth it and the spec stays the same really, it was a small nerf and surging mist still does a crazy amount of healing

@Chisnate the spec for mistweavers remains the same really, nothing changed and its still one of the best healers