+ Reply to Thread

Platane is on a distinguished road

Rdrood offensiv build for 2s

Hi guys,
    With new season incoming and the cr / mmr reset, I would try an offensiv build for the 2s as Resto Drood.
    Off course I'm speaking about Feral affinity + pvp talent that give +25% dmg.

BUT !
    I would know wich talents I should go to protect myself if there is a swap as I loose frenzy regen: cenarion ward vs prosperity ? Photosynthesis vs Germination ? ect ect...
    Have I to search for a particular class to play with (maybe someone who can peel for me if I'm in trouble in feral form ???) ??

Did some of you tryed a build like that and have a good feedback ? any experience will be appreciate !

Thank you !
    Last edited by Platane; 01-22-2019 at 07:23 PM.

rfwarrior is on a distinguished road
    I've been experimenting a bit more on my druid a bit at the start of the new season.
    Whilst trying to cap we decided we wanted quick games - whether a win or loss - and so I tried the aggressive build you mentioned.
    (Master shapeshifter + feral affinity).

I'm playing with a ret - so he does have some nice defensives for me. BoP, BoS for stuns which helps me keep my trinket.

Overall didn't have a great deal of success with it - the most success was against caster+healer.
    Against caster+melee we got some initial pressure but the game got worse for us quickly ending in a loss.

I think I played it really badly -
    Against caster/melee I was running thorns (dropping cyclone) and really missed the CC.
    Additionally I was super aggressive, and staying in longer than I probably should have. I was getting combo points and putting a rip up.
    Never used ferocious bite.... wasn't watching my energy.

I think we abandoned this against healer/melee - (this was around the 1700 mmr mark). I would also love some advice on how to play this.

My other healer is a Mistweaver monk and I love the switch between dps and healing - but feral affinity doesn't seem to be in the same league when I do it.

I am enjoying switching things up a bit on my druid though rather than sticking with the same talents/pvp talents all the time.

Thank you for your share.

What I did:
    - when I feral, I just put the dot and one embush (the rogue name, don't know about feral's one) to build around 3 combo point, I go back in humano, put my hots and magic dots (lunar / solar). Wait for energy and then feral again to finish to build 5 combos and dot with hit
    - usefull to restealth as possible, to double the dot and stun

what I noticed:
    Doing all of this, I don't cyclone, not enough time. And finally, do a lot of cylone is really more usefull than some little dps (we are not disco priest...)

So maybe just play feral to just 2 things: stun after stealth on the healer; do a big 5cp ferocious bite during my dps burst, but that's all for the moment...

Eddiehck is on a distinguished road
    I usually run feral affinity if I'm playing with a lock or mage on 2's. If I'm playing with a melee (SV, Ret, Fury/Arms/ WW, etc) I go with either balance or guardian affinity (depending on enemy's team). Against rogues I always play guardian affinity.
    For example, against Caster+Healer, I usually run feral affinity (even if I'm playing with a melee), but I usually don't run feral affinity against other druids (hibernate is a bitch ), unless I'm playing with a caster on my team.

For 2's I usually run photosynthesis as it helps with self-heals and allow me to be aggressive for longer. Since I'm playing with a warlock for most of the games, I don't need to take cyclone, which free up a pvp slot for extra heal or protection (thorns, for example). I'm playing around 20xx MMR on 2's with 3 different druids.

Ret+Druid were stronger back in legion, but changes on both specs reduced the synergy between them, it still viable, but not the same as it was before.

Thank you Eddiehck

What is your typical build running Feral affinity ? You probably don't have a lot of time to cast, so I guess you run Focused growth over Nourrish ? Do you play with Master Shapeshifter ? Is Overgrowth a good talent for quick and strong recover if DPS swap on you ?

Finally I don't play Feral affinity that much because at low mmr (1k8) I just face melee dps so I go bear affinity 90% of games...

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Hey, we just released our guide on using feral affinity which covers everything you need to know: http://www.skill-capped.com/watch/12...eral-affinity/

Eddiehck is on a distinguished road
    This is the build I usually run with a Warlock on 2's: https://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/...K/WOe/WQc/zoDI
    With a different caster (Mage, Ele, etc) I would replace overgrowth for Cyclone (depending on the other team, of course). The build you will run will always depending on the team you are facing, but this is a good start point.

You can play feral affinity against melee teams (even double DPS teams) after you get used to it and learn its limits. You need to push in/out very quickly and spread your damage without overextending. You also need to pay close attention to enemy CDs on stuns or other ccs they can use to lock you down and burst your ass . Feral affinity is great in 2's and sometimes on 3's, but requires lots of practice, just keep playing it and you will get better overtime.