+ Reply to Thread

berserk is on a distinguished road

Problems in 2s as arms.

Hey, skill-capped community!

I am playing 2s in arms with various healers (mostly rdrus and monks though) @ ~2k.

I've some problems with several setups:

1) A huge problem against rdru/rsham + dh, especially if I play with rdru as well..
    Whenever we meet them I am constantly cloned/kited and DH is @ almsot 100% uptime on my druid. I am not sure what should I do to beat them. If I try to mostly stick DH and lock/reflect/storm druid clones - then we get a double stun from DH followed by 3 clones in a row @ me any ways. If I go druid, I have much worser uptime then DH and can not cause that big preassure. Even if I am able to create some preassure - DH comes to stun me, then I am clonned 3 times and the whole built pressure is lost. The small window out of ccs I am chasing DH to peel him..

2) Pally + demo/destro locks; They have too much deffensive cds. Is there any sense to switch targets at all? Should I stay lock most of the time?

3) Rdru + mage (arcane/frost); What is the best target here?

Are there any tips & insights you can share with me on how the game should evolve from my perspective against those setups? What are the ideal talent choices?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by berserk; 02-17-2019 at 09:16 PM.

anyone?

Hello there fellow arms warrior!

I'll answer your questions corresponding to the right number:

1) This composition can be very hard for an arms warrior to win however it can be possible. The main win condition will have to be in damp with some uptime on the dh or resto druid as your damage will become more unhealable than the DH's damage due to MS. You won't have high uptime unless the druid or demon hunter are making vital mistakes, you'll have to make sure you connect during storm bolts or Bashes from your druid in order to chunk there HP. One thing to note is tracking their stuns, mainly Chaos Nova and Bash which can help with your targets. If the druid doesn't have bash you could stick on him decently if he pushes in and you have root breakers/dispels for it. If the Demon hunter has no chaos nova, you can stick to him without him stunning you unless he uses fel eruption, what i would do is try go druid then as soon as chaos nova is over, tunnel the dh as much as possible whilst making him LoS his own druid to drag him in. This is a very difficult matchup that you shouldn't win on an even playing field but if you play well with positioning and try to bladestorm some stuns and drag the druid in with great uptime on the DH after chaos nova, you could win in deep dampening where the druid simply can't outheal your pressure.

2) This matchup should be easier for you but again due to how the matchup is, you're gonna be looking to win more eventually. You should tunnel the lock down whilst setting up cc chains on the paladin when possible so you can chunk the warlock in battle stance. Due to Demon armor it will be harder to kill as they are a lot tankier, and during Infernals you should probably look to just avoid chaos bolts at all times (leaping behind pillar for safety) but bare in mind you or your druid should stop the paladin from drinking as well. As for Demo, this should be easier as they have no demon armor and you'll pressure them more. The key vs demo is to cleave their pet with rend +deep wounds + MS + sweeping strikes whenever possible, as when there pet dies, they take significantly more damage due to losing Soul Link. You want to be careful when they summon their Demonic Tyrant as this does an absurd amount of damage so you can pummel it and kill it when it's summoned. Also be mindful if the holy paladin plays Repentance you may need to storm bolt or interrupt a HoJ>Repentance combo if used on your druid, otherwise the druid should be able to shapeshift these outside of HoJ.

3) another incredibly difficult matchup for an arms warrior although i'd say frost is probably a lot more likely to win and arcane even more difficult. Against Frost i'd suggest going Double Time making sure to use every charge on the mage after a blink and heroic leap when unable to charge. Be mindful of Ursol's Vortex not to waste a mobility spell during it as this could set you far behind. Keep uptime on the mage with good reflects and pressure to try and win again in damp, slaying the frost mage. Against arcane druid i'm not exactly sure what should be the kill target as if they're both good they will both be virtually impossible to kill. Chasing druid will be easier to hit however an arcane mage roaming free could be very tricky to deal with that kind of pressure. Going on the mage could stop some pressure as he has to kite around but could be extremely difficult to hit, so you may have to bounce around punishing the target thats using mobility too offensively.

I feel like the first 2 matchups you could use rend too adding to more pressure that can't be kited but i feel like you should lose to matchups 1 and 3, and probably win matchup 2

Hope this helps!

Joe

Thanks a lot, Joe! Appreciate it!