+ Reply to Thread

Khomeni is on a distinguished road

Questions about disc in RBGs (kinda advanced)

Hello, been trying to climb this season with a disc priest, watched all kinds of guides and read all frickin possible posts, but still have some questions

1. Rapture usage. I find myself often sitting on it for too long. Do we use rapture before team fight to give big shield and apply atonements or rather during team fight when falling behind? Or maybe save it for being attacked for strong survival CD? Any tips on it?

2. Azerite traits- What do you think about sudden revelation? What do you think about death throes for disc? Do we have any notable inner ring traits that are way better than other for RBGs?

3. Do you purge of the wicked pets?

4. Mass dispel usage- after recent mana nerfs it hurts so frickin much to use it. It uses tons of mana, takes long time to cast, often gets interputed resulting in even more time being wasted in gameplay in which we obviously lack global cooldowns with everything we have to do. Also, our shadow priests, who are present in almost every single mid to high level RBG, can use it instead of us. When do we still use a mass dispel?

5. Shining force- Can you share some tips on how to use this ability, apart from obvious AB/EotS knockback?

6.Last talent row. Top priests seem to use every talent in this row, depending on a person, even evangelism. I can't understand how expending duration on atonements by 6 sec (just 1 sec more than premonition on 12 sec CD) on 1.5 min CD can be better than lenience- passive 3% dmg reduction on most of dmg that entire enemy team does. Luminous barrier's might be good when falling behind in a team fight, but with 3 min CD output doesn't seem high enough. Thoughts?

7. Are you actively thinking about positoning yourself in a way in which your premonition heal can heal as many people as possible or are you just treating it as atonement expension with random bonus heals?

I recently made a similar topic on wow PVP reddit, but failed to get answers from high-ranked priests. I'd appreciate any help!

Xot is on a distinguished road
    Hey,

Just incase you haven't watch our RBG guide for discs http://www.skill-capped.com/watch/12...wow-pvp-guide/ despite being from legion everything remains the same.

However for your questions:

1) I tend to use rapture in my downtimes between radiance or save them as a way to save a target taking single target damage, i'll apply my first set of atonements with rapture if i'm against a heavy dot cleave with strong opening cds such as multiple boomkins for example as i know i'll get good use from the shields.

2) Best traits by far are Enduring Luminescence and Bonded souls, others are not great, one sudden insnt too bad, death throes is decent for some aoe healing, but i'd just go for radiance + whatever it comes with high item level for now, blessed portents is the best in terms of inner trait same with recovery and overwhelming, those 3 are greatly above the others.

3) Purge the wicked EVERYTHING, doesn't matter what it is, consider it your a rejuv that every single person with atonement gets, more purges = more rejuvenation going on.

4) I'd only ever use it on a bubble/block if that guy was going to die.

5) Apart from the obvious knocking people, it's a great way to build space for either yourself or any other target being focused by melee, it's great to just press on whoever gets kidney shot in teamfights also.

6) Lenience always, could take luminous barrier vs a 100% full dot cleave but i tend to always stick with lenience

7) Just prem off cd, don't think about your position its only use is the atonement extending and is also our strongest ability, REALLY make sure you are pressing this off cd and then some.

Hope i helped!

Khomeni is on a distinguished road
    Thank You so much, amazing answer!