+ Reply to Thread

Chanqs is on a distinguished road

Destro vs melee trains 3's

I'm currently playing Destro/WW/sham/rdruid with a friend and we do fine against any comp besides melee cleaves. Anything with dh/warr, warr/dk, dk/dh etc. Usually im getting kicked and stunned the entire time and forced to play defensive until I flop. I play the standard destro build taking focused chaos, entrenched in flame and demon armor. Everyone tells us our comp is S tier but we get rolled against melee trains. I must be doing something wrong? Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Yesdave is on a distinguished road
    Hey,

Melee cleaves are always a warlocks nightmare, the main thing is to try to create enough pressure to make their healer OOM. Don't waste your defensives, use them only when your in trouble and make sure to use the gateway. The WW should also play ring of peace.

If your fighting a DK/DH/WW I would take netherward instead of root. to get chaos bolts off. Try to bait kicks with spamming fear, so you can cast chaos bolt.

I have played WW/MW/Lock alot this season and I believe its the best version of WW/Lock, the hardest melee cleave for us seems to be DH/DK we do pretty well vs most others, but we do lose sometimes also to cleaves, they're always realy close games.

Chanqs is on a distinguished road
    Thank you so much I'll try that.

dwightyo is on a distinguished road
    Queuing as shadowplay I've been getting frustrated too. In the 1650-1700 range it seems like every team is some combination of DK/DH/War that sits on me, literally using every stun, interrupt, spell reflect on me. I'm trying to get used to doing damage under these conditions but not doing much. Usually it's our healer running low on mana from having to heal a target dummy (me).

I'm just wondering how much I really should be standing out in the open. I thought I was supposed to be in some triangle of death, but I feel like there is too much uptime on me.

Mckidney is on a distinguished road
    Stay in the open, move away from the enemy pillar and make their healer move away from a defensive position so your SP can stun/silence and do as much pressure. Play roaring blaze instead of the big bolt spec and cremation od you feel like root is useless. Your goal is to soak as much dmg and position yourself in such way that your healer and sp can do all the work while you pump as much passive dmg as you can and bolt when you are able to. Ide infernal to counterpressure instead of trying to pressure the enemy team. Save duble coil for when you are in trouble and your healer gets cc'd. Rotate your cds well and all should be fine.

Mckidney is on a distinguished road
    You also need nerves od steel, I completely forgot about it ��