+ Reply to Thread

PvP as Protection

Hi guys,

I was looking for some guides and tips for playing as a protection Warrior in pvp (mostly RBGs, but arenas too). I know that Arms is the way to go, but I was really curious to try this spec (after playing Hunter for 10 years I'm tired of being a DPS).
    Can you help me or at least tell me why none of the tank classes is covered in the basic guides?
    Thank you very much.

WoWDontu is on a distinguished road
    because they dont want more people to que as a tank lol. Joking aside, Memphisrains on NA only ques prot warrior if you want to check him out.

Thank you very much, will check it

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Hey, we don't really see tanks represented much at higher ratings so we don't produce content for them. If you take a look at class representation here: https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pvp-stats/classes you can see that it's incredibly low for tanks.

sinonyaface is on a distinguished road
    Hey man any content dude had on prot is gone. Says no videos

sinonyaface is on a distinguished road
    I can tell you I've had a very positive experience as prot war this season. I qued 2s with a dh shortly after hitting 120 I had 0 azerite traits an my ilvl was 320 the dh was ilvl 375. We went 10 an 0 to 1400s. We lost a couple because of gear. I got my ilvl up to 370 an had 2 azerite rings unlocked. I qued 3s with a ssn 1 dualist ww his cr was 1600 and ilvl 390 an a rival resto d ilvl 390 cr 1600. I was 0 cr. We went 22 an 2 ended with mmr at 2046 the druid an we hit 1800 for the first time all season with me. My background highest career cr 2145 . Current season I have 3 toons at 1800s all 3 405 ilvl. 2 are healers 1 is dps. I'm going to push prot for the remainder of the season. As a casual player will see where it goes. Personally I think no one posts about prot war comps because they want it kept quiet fearing nerfs or mass rerolls . There is very little content on it. I recamend figuring it out on your own. It's cheese roll but extremely fun. The games are not long. We won almost all of our games 3 mins in. Our 2 losses were to the same enemy team . Ww an fury rdruid. On blades edge. The enemy rdruid was free casting cc on me an ww prioritizing me. Enemy dps were able to kill our healer after 5 to 8 mins. Prot war is fun an viable at least up to 2k mmr. Who knows after that.