+ Reply to Thread

jmal

Possible duel guides/tips

Currently maining a WW Monk (replacing rogue) as rogue is super overplayed and I feel like it's the next melee with a high skill cap to play vs the other options. I'm an old school "duel hero" from Vanilla to WOTLK out in front of Durotar. Playing this new class vs others in a duel setting is very "go with the flow". It'd be nice to bring back some duel guides/videos! Specifically for WW Monk Vs X because that's where I'm posting . Or maybe just some quick tips that helped for yourself vs specific class specs.

I realize it doesn't matter because there's no benefit to it as its literally a personal reward. I'm sure it matters to some and I figured it'd translate to arena nonetheless. The difference being how I would be quick to pop defensives and/or trinket early on in a duel. I'd hold on to it in an arena setting. Any little tips/tricks and nuance things many might not realize would help a lot. Thanks!

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Unfortunately we don't have any immediate plans to create any dueling content. While dueling used to be quite an important part of a players progression (with people sitting outside of capital cities and dueling) it really has faded into the past and isn't something that people take too seriously these days. That coupled with the fact that most classes tend to have very limited toolkits to actually do things in 1v1 combat means that dueling has become a lot more stale and is less "skill based" and more about who can deal the most damage or has the better toolkit (think windwalker monks, unholy death knights and rogues).

jmal
    Thanks for the response and I completely understand. Find an alternative