+ Reply to Thread

2 dps in 2x2.

Besides mage, sub can play in 2x2 with which classes?

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Heya!

I'd say your choices of dps in terms of easiest to hardest would be:

Survival/Sub
    Ret/Sub
    Shadow priest /sub (MAYBE)

I wish i had more classes to tell you, unfortunately there's not really much variety anymore when it comes to double dps comps, however these are the comps i've seen the most this seasons, and me saying the most doesn't mean a lot either, i may face this once every 30-40 games, and its usually by multi r1 players, however i truly think playing these comps can be one of the most fun comps to queue, since it's never really boring. If you want i could go into a bit of detail of how each is played, but the main thought process is Your partner does damage to the dps, you CC the healer, if he trinkets early, you swap and kill him, if he trinkets late, you commit and kill the dps!
    CC = Kidney = Kidney / Sap / Blind / sap / Shadowy duel/ Re kidney. (Depending if you get the saps etc) (and or Put Trap / Repentence / Mind Bomb / In there instead of sap depending on what you're playing with. You just need a CC chain to begin with !
    Hope i could help

" If you want i could go into a bit of detail of how each is played, "

If you can, I would appreciate it very much.

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Sorry!

As Sub/x Comps all you're doing really is CCing things and doing a little bit of damage, so here's my thoughts on how these comps should be played,

Sap on DPS, Kidney on healer, now here's the caveats, If you're playing with a shadow priest, you want to mind bomb off of this kidney, into a full sap, into a half sap, into another kidney shot! Or if not possible into a shadowy duel, then into a kidney shot! All while cheapshotting the DPS to keep him locked down and doing damage into him when you can, with things like cold blood etc. however this is the weakest comp out of those 3 i said since the priest cannot really live that long or kite DPS that might train him, however you have an absurd amount of CC As this so if you can just live until you have gotten through their CD's and do 1 last go you can win a lot of games!

It's pretty much the same as SP however much much stronger because of the fact that hunter does a lot more instant damage than SP so you'll force a lot more CD's in a shorter amount of time, Just replace mind bomb with the hunter's trap. Into a re sap, into a duel into another kidney; all while trying to lock down the DPS with cheapshots and some damage, however as this comp you're only good for a cold blood and maybe an evis or two, since the hunter will be doing most of the damage.

As ret/sub, Again you're the CC bot as Sub, HOWEVER If the healer trinkets you can 100-0 him SO easily, since generally it wants to go something like this (This is a little different imo) Let your ret stack wings, with a blind on the healer (If the blind isnt possible, because of stealth etc, it's still worth to start with wings because you dont have much time, then blind the healer when he's out, if he trinkets this you hard swap him with a kidney, or if the DPS is low enough, you can CC the healer through, with a kidney into shadowy duel, and this should be enough time for the ret with 10 stack crusade to kill a dps (12 seconds) of CC. Now of course you can throw in a smoke bomb on the dps whenever you feel like it. things like this is very situational.

TLDR As sub in double dps 2's you're a CC bot who just sets up the kills for your partner, and adding any CC your partner has onto yours (You can figure out what works out for you)

Side note, This is how much CC Sub has when done perfectly, Kidney 6 sec - Sap 8 sec - Sap 4 sec- Sap 2 sec- blind 8 sec - shadowy duel 6 sec - Kidney 6 sec again, cheap shot 2 sec , cheap shot 1 sec this is around 40 seconds of CC If done PERFECTLY which is absalutely absurd and should be MORE than enough time to Kill someone (However this is practically impossible since people have trinket and other outs, however if they're relentless you can do this, however you'd need to start with blind instead of kidney so you can get the saps, meaning you can get a straight 30 seconds of CC (and should be a free win)

I hope i could explain, i thought there'd be more to explain however it's just the rogue ccing while his partner helps him CC while you kill the dps. I should note you CAN kill healers as all of these comps, however its not really recommended since you're leaving a DPS to do pretty much what he wants, outside of a blind on him or off stuns, its much safer to go dps in most cases!
    Again Hope i could help!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenzy View Post
    Sorry!

As Sub/x Comps all you're doing really is CCing things and doing a little bit of damage, so here's my thoughts on how these comps should be played,

Sap on DPS, Kidney on healer, now here's the caveats, If you're playing with a shadow priest, you want to mind bomb off of this kidney, into a full sap, into a half sap, into another kidney shot! Or if not possible into a shadowy duel, then into a kidney shot! All while cheapshotting the DPS to keep him locked down and doing damage into him when you can, with things like cold blood etc. however this is the weakest comp out of those 3 i said since the priest cannot really live that long or kite DPS that might train him, however you have an absurd amount of CC As this so if you can just live until you have gotten through their CD's and do 1 last go you can win a lot of games!

It's pretty much the same as SP however much much stronger because of the fact that hunter does a lot more instant damage than SP so you'll force a lot more CD's in a shorter amount of time, Just replace mind bomb with the hunter's trap. Into a re sap, into a duel into another kidney; all while trying to lock down the DPS with cheapshots and some damage, however as this comp you're only good for a cold blood and maybe an evis or two, since the hunter will be doing most of the damage.

As ret/sub, Again you're the CC bot as Sub, HOWEVER If the healer trinkets you can 100-0 him SO easily, since generally it wants to go something like this (This is a little different imo) Let your ret stack wings, with a blind on the healer (If the blind isnt possible, because of stealth etc, it's still worth to start with wings because you dont have much time, then blind the healer when he's out, if he trinkets this you hard swap him with a kidney, or if the DPS is low enough, you can CC the healer through, with a kidney into shadowy duel, and this should be enough time for the ret with 10 stack crusade to kill a dps (12 seconds) of CC. Now of course you can throw in a smoke bomb on the dps whenever you feel like it. things like this is very situational.

TLDR As sub in double dps 2's you're a CC bot who just sets up the kills for your partner, and adding any CC your partner has onto yours (You can figure out what works out for you)

Side note, This is how much CC Sub has when done perfectly, Kidney 6 sec - Sap 8 sec - Sap 4 sec- Sap 2 sec- blind 8 sec - shadowy duel 6 sec - Kidney 6 sec again, cheap shot 2 sec , cheap shot 1 sec this is around 40 seconds of CC If done PERFECTLY which is absalutely absurd and should be MORE than enough time to Kill someone (However this is practically impossible since people have trinket and other outs, however if they're relentless you can do this, however you'd need to start with blind instead of kidney so you can get the saps, meaning you can get a straight 30 seconds of CC (and should be a free win)

I hope i could explain, i thought there'd be more to explain however it's just the rogue ccing while his partner helps him CC while you kill the dps. I should note you CAN kill healers as all of these comps, however its not really recommended since you're leaving a DPS to do pretty much what he wants, outside of a blind on him or off stuns, its much safer to go dps in most cases!
    Again Hope i could help!
    Thx. Was very helpful