+ Reply to Thread

@Xot Desperate for Shadowplay help

I'm actually an Rdruid playing with two non english speaking players who play Spriest and Destro Lock. I'm here on their behalf. Basically our situation right now is we're desperate for any specifics about talents, playstyle, trinkets, etc that we can do to optimize our comp. We've been page 1 twice this season but we keep having horrible que sessions and tanking hard without really understanding why.

We can't seem to come to a conclusion on whether or not to commit to play for mana or to actually try to score kills while the enemy healer drinks. When we try to just win the mana game sometimes enemy Rdruids and such will score drinks in spite of our best efforts to stop them and I'll be the one who ends up going oom because the enemy team will have a DK or something much more potent at stopping drnks. If the enemy team ccs me, the Resto Druid then, my two immobile partners sometimes just can't make it over there in time and the pet will be in a root or something.

On the other end when we try to score kills instead of playing for mana our Destro Lock just gets shut down at key moments. I do find myself thinking that if I were an Rshaman that could give my Destro grounding during some of those key moments we would be able to kill but obviously Rdruid has its own advantages because I've watched other people queing it consistently in r1 range this season. I'm just at a loss right now and looking for any information that could help. What trinkets should we be running? We have pretty much all the good ones but can't decide whats best for the comp. Is fel fissure a must pick for the comp? Or is root more important? Anything you can tell us would be much appreciated.

Xot is on a distinguished road
    Hey Kidgogeta,

I'll actually be doing a couple of vids on shadowplay this week, but just as a general rule we pretty much solely play on mana vs all compositions, We don't do anything fancy just keep it simple, trying to do setups as shadowplay is just pointless and a waste of time there is just too many variables involved with getting stopped on damage.

We just tend to position both in the center of the map, dot all 3 targets and spam as much damage as possible with our main goal to be winning on the mana bar, whichever dps they are not on needs to be very wary of drinks if they go on my warlock me and my healer will constantly be on top of the enemy healer pressuring him so he's unable to go for drinks whilst our warlock still keeps his pet on him just incase, We save almost every cooldown defensively so things like silence, psychic horror, shadowfury, incap/bash/legsweep to stop cc or damage. Don't worry about putting it onto healers and setting up kills, as mentioned just keep it simple.

But yeah most of our games usually go the same way, either me and my healer chasing the enemy healer around and stopping drinks whilst keeping damage rolling or my warlock and healer stopping drinks and spamming damage whilst i sit there and absorb the damage.

As for your warlock talents its dependant on what you think the enemy will do, we tend to drop demon armour in a lot of matchups just because games seem to be easier if they ride the lock but my warlock usually takes fel fissure if he knows he's going to be able to get bolts off, IE they go me or don't have that many interrupts. if not he plays root.

Shaman isn't really that big i would put druid/monk ahead of shaman to be honest both druid and monk can easily get drinks and can help you stop drinks.

But yeah to summarise just

- Keep it simple, maximise your damage
    - Have your healer or you in this case look for drinks whenever possible ( mostly when you have a lot of pressure)
    - All 3 of you be VERY vigilant about stopping drinks, when you have a mana lead have whatever dps they are not on and yourself push aggressively
    onto them
    - Just use cc to stop enemy setups
    - SPAM PURGE!! ( Have your shadow spam purge vs pretty much everything, it's insane!)

Spam damage stop drinks and you should win most things!

Hope i helped somewhat just message me if you have anymore questions!

Thanks for the reply. Do you guys ever use succubus? It feels like Fel hunter gets zero value sometimes especially against holy paladins who seem to be able to passively counter us the 3 dot strategy with their shadow resist aura , insane mana, and easy aoe healing. If not do you have any advice for dealing with holy paladins in general?

What would you generally consider to be the best trinket setup? We do sub in Safeguard trinket against certain comps but we're mainly we're wondering if we should be using maledict or not. Sometimes it feel like it doesn't really align with the win condition of the comp. We've been favoring me using Mirror and Ward of Evelopment and my priest using double crit trinkets over maledict but we really aren't sure.

About the Demon Armour thing. Are you saying that you deliberately drop demon armor against stuff like... Windwalker to ensure that they hit your Lock? So the Lock would be playing Focused Chaos , Root, and Fissure in that case? Does the Lock ever play any different talents than the standard build? Like taking port over coil or not taking dark soul?

Honestly the Lock Pov is our big problem right now. Left alone the Spriest can do insane damage and is close to reaching the upper limit of whats possible. But there are games primarily Windwalker teams that just ride the Priest all game, cutting his dps in half and our Lock left alone doesn't seem to be able punish them for it. Does he just sit there bolting? Or do we perhaps abandon the 3 dot strat at the point and does the lock start running at the healer and fearing?
    Last edited by Kidgogeta; 04-16-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Nah always standard talents and we drop demon armour vs things like dh dk and comps without that much physical damage, as for trinket setups just either run triple/double maledict + pve trinkets or no maledicts, depends what trinkets you all have.

Holy paladins are hard but again you can win in dampening just take the game long and you'll eventually get to a point where you out dps the enemy whilst having a lot of defensives + hopefully mana to rotate through, and holy paladin only really effects the shadow it does nothing for immolate + chaos bolts so you can still get pressure rolling.

Gotcha. So if our Spriest is getting trained should our Lock be going for fears on the enemy healer or should he just turret damage? I'm not familiar with the damage threshold on fear. In general is casting Fear worth it for the Warlock in this comp or does it break instantly every time?

He should be positioning in a way where he's close to the enemy healer yeah, and focusing mainly on maximising damage to create some pressure and stopping drinks as required, fear and cc is fine just make sure you still maxmise your damage however, don't aim to do some crowd control chains or anything like that.

Do Spriests have any other comps of comparable strength to Splay? We lost our warlock and don't if anything else will work.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Godcomp/Shatter is quite strong and ret sp shaman is decent too.

How would god comp be played in this meta? Does Spriest still play ghost build and dampen? Or does he go death and we try for kills. God comp is nonexistant on US. Are there any well known EU streamers that play it?

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    It's still pretty much a "PvE" comp where you look to maximize your damage while going for long cc chains on healers and eventually scoring a kill in dampening by outlasting your opponents if you're unable to win with an early cc chain.