+ Reply to Thread

molesen is on a distinguished road

felblade/demon blades

In 2v2 arenas with a healer, is Felblade/demon blades viable? I see most players and guides recommending blind fury/immolation aura, however that spec doesn't feel quite as fluid as the Felblade/demon blade build to me. Also what are the benefits to blind fury / immolation and why does everyone prefer it? Thanks in advance

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    With the first tier of talents, you get the most damage from being able to channel entire eye beams while using blind fury as it lets you dump a full fury bar while in your demonic metamorphosis. Then with the second tier, immolation aura just provides the most overall dps.

With that being said, the felblade and demon blades build is definitely viable and isn't a crazy amount behind, especially in 2s where the added up time can make it much easier to score kills.

molesen is on a distinguished road
    I see, thanks. Another quick question, I've noticed when playing demonblades my auto attacks do most of my damage. Is that normal? I'm not sure if I'm focusing on mana burning too much and less on dealing damage. Thanks in advance.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    When playing that build you should consider fel blade as a replacement for demons bite, which essentially allows you play in the same way, using felblade/auto attacks to generate fury and dumping it with chaos strike/blade dance. Other than that, nothing much is different and the playstyle remains the same with you primarily focusing on dealing damage while making sure to burn as often as possible.

Ruivow is on a distinguished road
    Hey Mystic, thank you for the answers! Can you please do a breakdown against what healers fel blade would be better? Im imagining monk, druid and shaman? Also, in terms of play style,
    I'm struggling for example when the melee is peeling a lot. Should I just sit melee and use fel eruption on cd on healer and back to melee?

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Heya.

Think of felblade as an extra mobility ability, so you should use it against healers who have high mobility or access to such things like freedom etc.

Instantly i think of monk druid shaman. However i also know when raiku plays 2's on his DH he almost always uses felblade no matter what just because he said its more damage. The option to have this tiny gapcloser that does a bit of damage is always good.

Even though i didnt mention all healers, try it against all healers including disc priests. Think of it like this. Your playing against feral/priest and the feral stuns you and the priest runs away, without felblade you might find it hard to connect to him again without using double felrush and vengeful retreat. When instead of this you can just use 1 felrush into felblade!

If the dps comes to you to peel. this is a perfect time to cleave both, while still hitting healer. There's no real rule on who to go in 2's but as a DH your main goal is to mana rift the healer and do as much damage as you can. Also in this scenario you put for me the dps has not been touching you, most likely you'll still have access to blur and a lot of your mobility, you can just blur at really high hp and keep on doing damage!

Hope i could help