+ Reply to Thread

berserk is on a distinguished road

Positioning against caster comps in 2s and 3s

Hi, could someone share the overall idea on how should I try to position myself in areana?
    When should I decide to line of sight the enemy team? What are the high level conditions in which it is a good idea to run away and los everyone?

So, for instance I am playing arms/mw against rdruid/destro lock, should I consider leaping away behind the pillar if I have no storm bolt or pummel available and my healer is cc’ed, but I am 70% hp and lock is at 40%?

If I run away, the pressure will be lost in most cases and the enemy team’s healer will peobably start drinking and I hardly will be able to stop that, cause I won’t have the leap to prevent it.

Thanks
    Last edited by berserk; 04-29-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    I'll focus specifically on the matchup you mentioned to better answer this. So, when deciding to pull back in that situation, there are three things to consider.

1) Does the warlock have major offensive cooldowns up? (dark soul or infernals)
    2) Do you have defensive cooldowns that you're willing to trade?
    3) Will your healer get any follow up crowd control and can they quickly top you if they don't?

Let's go through each point 1 by 1. Starting with the first, if the warlock has a major offensive cooldown up and you have no way to avoid damage (no stun, interrupt, spell reflect etc.) then running away until you're able to stop damage again is a good idea.

Now, if you actually have a ton of pressure and don't necessarily want to run away, this is where you can consider trading a defensive cooldown to stay in. As a warrior, you have die by the sword and rallying cry which are both quite long cds so you have to be absolutely sure that making this trade is either going to net in a kill or put you so far ahead that you'll end up winning the game before you're in deadly trouble again.

Finally, will there be follow up crowd control? See, even if your healer gets cc'd once, that usually isn't enough to put you super far behind, as long as you can stop follow up crowd control. So, try to determine if you can stop the upcoming follow up fear or check to see if the opposing healer is pushing in for that follow up cc. If they're not and your healer is going to come out of cc and be able to top you, then there's no point pulling back when you're so far ahead.

I hope this helps!

berserk is on a distinguished road
    Thanks, Mystic!