+ Reply to Thread

rfwarrior is on a distinguished road

Netherwalk vs cooldowns like touch of death

Was facing a ww monk and lost. after the arena it occured to me that netherwalk would completely negate the touch of death cooldown.

touch of death applied.... wait 3 or 4 seconds. (4 seconds probably safer) and then netherwalk.
    If i've read the tooltips for both correctly it looks like the damage from touch of death should be avoided.

Both are on a two minute cooldown so could be aligned. I've not seen it suggested anywhere (I'm playing the resto shaman in this comp) so is it a decent idea?

Yesdave is on a distinguished road
    It's situational, however its not a bad idea. But if your kiting correctly, and making good use of blur it's almost impossible to kill a DH.

You are correct in saying it negates all damage.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    While that certainly could be a viable option in 2s, you've already got access to blur, blade dance and your mobility for avoiding damage then needed, making netherwalk not a needed cooldown against ww monks. It's usually taken in 3s against stuff like rogue mage where can die very quickly while your healer is cc'd.

rfwarrior is on a distinguished road
    @Mystic you are right, i was talking about 2s. We did try running it one game, and it did completely negate the touch (twice), but my DH was also able to fel rush away and so wouldn't really be taking that much damage from it anyway.

In 2s we take it against mage/rogue - allowed my demon hunter to survive the opener while i'm sitting in endless CC. He would have died without it.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Yep, I'd definitely recommend taking it against double dps in 2s.