+ Reply to Thread

tijmenlintsen is on a distinguished road

How to survive rogue mage

Im playing Unholy DK + MW and while we feel we really should be winning, when they choose to go monk he basicly dies within 10 seconds.
    Could you provide some basic recommendations on how to survive the first setup on the monk?

-Trinket kidney?
    -Which talents should the monk use? And the DK?
    -Which priority should he follow? (use coccoon, dispell dk, dispell maledicts, get away, etc.)
    -And maybe you can think of some overal tips? Like how to setup teleport.

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Heya!

MW monk / DK is one of the hardest comps for rogue mages to deal with just because of how tanky DK is and how much they can stop the rogue mage 'Go's'
    You should ideally play Anti Magic Zone just for their combustion go, as long as you live this, there's no way they can live long enough to win the game just because of how good your pets are.

I've seen a few DK's play the zombie spec into rogue mage just because if they take the time to kill the zombies they're not doing damage to you, and they're very annoying to deal with, if they get hit by one its free damage.

If they're opening on monk with a sap on dk, one of you has to trinket, and personally i value healers trinkets over the dps's trinkets, and the fact you're a dk most rogue/mages will consider you immortal (in MOST cases) so you can trinket the sap / polly and Anti magic zone him, and then just start doing damage. ideally by stunning the rogue and kicking the mage if possible, which can be done in the same global since kick is off CD.

Once you live this first setup its VERY hard for them to do anything, because if somehow they get a 2nd setup that's clean, your monk will have trinket and be totally fine.
    You asked about setting up teleport, You want to put your port behind a pillar or generally quite far away from you, just so when you use it they dont instantly connect back on to you.

Talents:
    I'd say just play the normal talents overall EXCEPT for things like way of the crane and abomination, just because most of the time you wont be able to get full value out of them, if your monk is going offensive with crane he can die very easily, HOWEVER the exception to this is it gives him perma freedom and can get away with it, meaning he'd be using a lot of his mana just for a freedom effect.
    And i say Abomination because your abom is very very slow and it's trying to hit two really mobile classes, if you disagree with this and you think you NEED Abom to land kills then it's okay, i just say it because most teams are aware that abom is a scary CD and will kite it / root it and just run.

As for your other points, you trinketing this sap and AMZing your monk in opener, negates ALL of their damage, (Since most of their damage comes from the fire mage and maledicts which is reduced by AMZ)

Sorry for the late reply!

tijmenlintsen is on a distinguished road
    Ty a lot, will try this! Main thing is I just sat out the whole sap into sheep (monk hardly being able to dispell me). Will try to trinket sap and save him.